Everyone wants to go for a rewarding career and strive hard to get an education for the same. Today, Law courses are in high demand as these courses enable the candidates to serve justice to the poor and the downtrodden. Earlier Law courses have been provided only in regular mode but now you can also study LLB in Distance Learning mode.
However, if you want to be a lawyer in the future, LLB through distance mode is not a good option because the Bar Council accords no recognition for BL/LLB through distance mode or evening colleges for practicing as an advocate. If you want to practice as a lawyer you have to necessarily enroll in a recognized college or university and complete the three-year course in regular mode.
There are various universities offering students to study LLB in distance learning mode.
Universities offering LLB through Correspondence or Distance mode are as follows:
- National Law school of India University Distance Education Department, Bangalore (NLSIU DED), Bangalore, Karnataka
- Kashmir University
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab
- Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Tamil Nadu
- Banaras Hindu University, Banaras
- Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal
- Kalinga University, Bhubaneshwar
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana
- Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai
- The Government Law College, Mumbai
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Law Centre No II ARSD College Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
- Motilal Nehru Institute, Allahabad University
- ILS Law College, Pune
Advantage of Distance Learning Law
Online LLB programs are a huge leap in advanced education. Any individual having an interest in Justice can apply for these courses. Being the best course for the ones who have a desire to bring equality in society by providing the right justice to the individuals, this course is highly popular among the students. Doing an LLB distance education program can let you explore the minutest concepts related to law and to apply them while you are all set to go for your advocacy practice.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Bachelor of Law Course
- The minimum education qualification for studying the LL.B course is successful completion of 10+2 board examination (in this case, the candidate has to study a 5 years comprehensive LL.B course)
- A student can apply to the LL.B course of study after successful completion of graduation in any stream of study (in this case the duration of LL.B study will be 3 years)
- The applicant must score a minimum of 50 percent in his school examination or graduation for admission to bachelor of law course
- Good communication, writing and oral skills are prerequisites for a student who wants to excel in the profession of law
- Every candidate must submit completely filled up application form and application fees within the date notified by the institute for studying LL.B
- Candidates must also submit essential documents like copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed, identity proofs and passport size photograph when the admission process is on
Duration of the Course
The duration of the study of bachelor of law course varies between three years to five years depending upon the structure of course or pattern of study followed by a particular institute.
The institutes which accept applications from students who have completed only 10+2 school examination, provide a five-year integrated bachelor of law course. Other institutes that accept applications from only students who have completed graduation provide a 3 years bachelor of law course.
The duration of study for distance learning candidates may extend beyond the time allotted for regular classroom students as distance education students sit for the final examinations at a time suited to their personal and professional commitments.
The bachelor of law degree equips students to begin working as a legal professional. Some areas where a student can get employment after pursuing a bachelor of law degree are:
- Association with firms as a corporate lawyer
- The student can join his family’s or another individual’s legal firm
- Several government organizations also employ students armed with a bachelor of law degree
This blog contains all the necessary information related to Distance LLB. All the pros and cons, universities offering this course and career options after completion of your course. Everything is mentioned in this article.
Do not forget to share your views in the comment section below.
And, for more information, you can also check out our website: Delhi Law Academy.