Study Plans for DU LLB Entrance Examination
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.Benjamin Franklin
Everyone acknowledges that the syllabus for DU LLB Entrance is massive. In fact, most students tend to underestimate just how truly massive the syllabus is.
Here at Delhi Law Academy, we are firm in the belief that students require a solid plan of attack. We believe that success is not a coincidence, not a happy accident – it is a result of careful planning, strategy and determined and consistent efforts over a period of time.
Towards that end, we have created the Study Plans you see in the links below. As a service to the larger student community, we are publishing these study plans free of charge on our website, for you to download and use.
- G.K. including Current Affairs
If we analyze past years papers of Delhi University, GK and Legal Aptitude emerges as the most important area. In other exams also, it is an important part. So, students should prepare it well.
Every month we keep on updating current affairs for the given month. Candidates should complete reading monthly updated current affairs by that month itself. Simultaneously, you can read GK content of our study material . With this, your preparation for GK and current affairs would be adequately done. Additionally, Reading a good newspaper like ‘The Hindu’ is the best way to build GK and verbal ability.
- Legal Aptitude/Legal Awareness
In DU or other 3 years LL.B. Entrances, most of the Legal Aptitude questions are from Legal GK or Legal Awareness and very few questions are from Legal Reasoning. So, information about courts, lawyers and judges is the most important in Legal GK.
- English including Reading Comprehension
The second most important area is English, which is also the language of LAW. In D.U. LL.B. entrance, we can reasonably expect (20 -40%) of the paper from this area. You need to master three areas of English:
- Grammar & Sentence Correction, and
- Reading Comprehension
Building vocabulary on a daily basis from every possible source is important i.e. from given study material to your daily newspaper or from books like Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis. For mastering comprehension, a wide reading habit as well as practice from past papers and mock paper is needed.
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
Though past DU papers suggests that this area is not-so-important as very few questions are asked each year, we will still suggest students to master this area thoroughly. As the pattern of DU LL.B. exam keeps on changing and is highly unpredictable, students must solve at least few exercises from all type of reasoning questions to be on the safer side.
- Make a Study Plan
Law aspirants must make a daily study plan based on aforementioned information. A cool 2-3 hours of studies every day is required. Candidates must make a plan where they study at least 2 subjects every day and have at least one vocabulary/English and one reasoning exercise daily.
STRATEGY & TIPS FOR DU LAW ENTRANCE EXAM
- Cover all Previous papers:It is advisable for every serious aspirant to solve past papers of CLAT, NLU Delhi (AILET), BHU and of course DU. All our students get full access to the relevant past year paper’s question papers, with answers, solutions and analysis. Solving the past papers and doing a careful study of them help a law aspirant in two ways: knowing the type of questions in each area and also identifying areas of weakness.
- Go online:Students can find some really wonderful communities on social networking sites like Facebook where thousands of law aspirants network and interact. Without wasting precious time, one should keep abreast of the knowledge shared around.
- Solve as many past papers and mocks as possible:The best way for ensuring time-management in the exam and getting right amount of confidence to crack the exam is to solve all the given past papers and full-length mock papers as possible under strict time-limit and exam conditions.
Looking for a full-featured course for DU LLB Entrance?
Delhi Law Academy offers a comprehensive online course for the entrance exam for Delhi University's 3 Year LLB Program.
Click below to know more!