LEGAL AND GENERAL AWARENESS
1. Which of the following is not a natural harbour in India?
2. Which of the following rivers is known as India’s River of Sorrow?
3. Which canal shortened the distance between India and Europe?
(a) Buckimgam Canal
(b) Suez Canal
(c) Indira Gandhi Canal
(d) Panama Canal
4. Who wrote the book Waiting for Mahatma?
(a) Shashi Tharoor
(b) R. K. Naraian
(c) Raj Mohan Gandhi
(d) Vikram Seth
5. Which of the following is not a statutory body?
(a) Election Commission
(b) Finance Commission
(c) Planning Commission
6. Where is the headquarters of WTO located?
(a) New York
(d) New Delhi
7. The United Nations Organization was formed in the year
8. Who was the first woman President of UN general Assembly ?
(a) Sarojini Naidu
(b) Annie Besant
(c) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
9. Which line divides India into two halves?
(a) Tropic of Cancer
(c) Tropic of Capricorn
(d) Great circle
10. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
11. Which one of the following countries is not a member of ASEAN?
(c) Brunei Darussam
12. The study of clouds is
13. State with lowest sex ratio in India is
14. Who is considered as the Father of Cloning?
(a) Ian Mendel
(b) Ian Wilmutt
(c) G. Fisher
(d) Ian W. S. Foster
15. Who was appointed as the first Chief Information Commissioner of India?
(a) Najma Heptullah
(b) Tahir Mahmood
(c) Irfan Habib
(d) Wajahat Habibullah
16. Who has been recently awarded Officer de La Legion d’ Honor, the highest award of France?
(a) Shahrukh Khan
(b) Lata Mangeshkar
(c) Amitabh Bachchan
(d) Aishwarya Rai
17. The author of ‘Arthashastra’ was a contem¬porary of
(b) Chandragupta Maurya.
(c) Chandragupta Vikramaditya.
(d) Samudra Gupta.
18. What is the name of the latest book by President A.P. J. Abdul Kalam?
(a) Children of India
(b) Indomitable Spirit
(c) India in 2020
(d) Ignited Minds
19. Which of the following is not a constitutional body?
(a) Election Commission
(b) Finance Commission
(c) Inter-state Council
(d) National Advisory Council
20. Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution have been taken from the
(a) Russian Constitution.
(b) U.S. Constitution.
(c) British Constitution.
(d) Act of 1935.
21. When the offices of both the President and Vice President of India are vacant, who will discharge their functions?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Home Minister
(c) Chief Justice of India
(d) The Speaker
22. The National Development Council is presided over by the
(a) Prime Minister of India.
(b) Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission.
(c) Finance Minister.
(d) Union Minister of Planning.
23. Who is legally competent to declare war or conclude peace treaty?
(a) The Prime Minister
(b) The Council of Ministers
(c) The President
(d) The Parliament
24. The term ‘Fourth Estate’ is used for
(a) the press and newspapers.
(d) the Executive.
25. Who is the author of the book My Life ?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Tony Blair
(c) Dalai Lama
(d) Sonia Gandhi
26. The organization which got Nobel Prize for peace three times is .
(c) Red Cross
27. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(a) Eskimo : Canada
(b) Oran : Japan
(c) Lapps : India
(d) Gonds : Africa
28. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Fiji: Suva
(b) Finland: Oslo
(c) Guyana : George Town
(d) Lebanon : Beirut
29. When the Sun is nearest to the Earth, the Earth is said to be in?
30. Which is the land of morning calm?
31. The innermost layer of the Earth is known as
32. Which of the following States has declared year 2007 as ‘Year of Farmers’?
33. Clove, the commonly used spice, is obtained from the
(c) flower bud.
34. ‘A man can be destroyed, but not defeated’ is the words of
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) Julius Caesar.
35. Famous Michael Schumacher, the World No. I in motor racing (Formula 1), belongs to
36. Standard Cricket Bats are made of
(a) pine wood.
(b) rose wood.
(c) teak wood.
(d) willow wood.
37. ‘Come Out and Play’ is the anthem of
(a) Olympic Games 2008.
(b) Commonwealth Games 2010.
(c) National Games 2008.
(d) International Children’s Games 2009.
38. The Universe in a Single Atom is a recently published book written by
(a) George H.W. Bush.
(b) Dalai Lama.
(c) Hillary Clinton.
(d) Vladimir Putin.
39. Who was the author of Geet Govind.
40. The book A Tale of Two Cities was written by
(a) John Lennon.
(b) Mark Twain.
(d) Charles Dickens.
41. Life Divine is a book written by
(d) Sri Aurobindo.
42. The World Bank’s Headquarters is in
(b) New York.
(d) Washington DC.
43. The Constitution of UNO is called
(a) Magna Carta.
(b) Peace Agreement,
44. The Headquarters of UNESCO is in
45. Which one of the following awards is given for Agricultural Research?
(a) Dr Homi Bhabha Award
(b) Borlaug Award
(c) Ramon Magsaysay Award
(d) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
46. The Chipko Movement is associated with
(a) felling of trees,
(b) water harvesting,
(c) save the tiger.
(d) saving dams.
47. ‘Men and the City’ is the autobiography of
(a) Martin Luther King.
(b) Saddam Hussain.
(c) Julfikar Ali Bhutto.
(d) Liyaqat Ali Khan.
48. The first airline to allow flyers to surf the net was
(a) United Airlines.
(b) Singapore Airlines.
(c) Emirates Airlines.
(d) Air Canada.
49. Which Planet is named after the Roman god of agriculture?
50. The motto of CNBC India is
(a) ‘Profit from it’.
(b) ‘With you all the way’.
(c) ‘Leading the way’.
(d) ‘Makes life simple’.
51. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(a) Dr Kurian : Space Science
(b) Dr Malcom : Cooperative Movement Adiseshiah
(c) Dr Abdul Kalam : Development Economics
(d) Dr Pramod Karan Sethi: Jaipur Foot
52. Cosmic Noise is caused by
(a) lighting discharges.
(b) solar eruptions.
(c) distant stars.
(d) industrial discharges.
53. Heavy water is
(a) tritium oxide.
(b) deuterium oxide
(c) rain water.
(d) water at -4°C.
54. Marsh gas is
55. First Space University is established at
56. Biological Death of a patient means death of tissues of the
57. The world famous rock cut Kailasa Temple at Ellora was built by the
58. The largest cell in the human body is
(a) nerve cell.
(b) muscle cell.
(c) liver cell.
(d) kidney cell.
59. The area of Union of India is nearest to
(a) 39 lakh km2.
(b) 33 lakh km2.
(c) 30 lakh km2.
(d) 36 lakh km2.
60. Abhijit Sen Committee was constituted to study
(a) electoral reforms.
(b) future trading.
(c) educational reforms.
(d) administrative reforms.
61. MISA is named as
(a) Maintenance of Internal Security Act.
(b) Maintenance of Industrial Security Act.
(c) Maharashtra Insolvency Security Act.
(d) Media Institute of Southern Africa.
62. Right to travel is a Fundamental right under
(a) Article 19 of the Constitution.
(b) Article 21 of the Constitution.
(c) Article 15 of the Constitution.
(d) Article 14 of the Constitution.
63. Family Courts Act was passed in
64. Member of State Public Service Commission is removed from his office by
(d) Legislative Assembly.
65. The Competition Commission replaced
(a) Consumer Commission.
(c) MRTP Commission.
(d) Human Rights Commission.
66. What is minimum age to get elected as a member of council of states?
(a) 25 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 32 years
(d) 35 years
67. Impeachment of President of India can be initiated in
(a) either house of Parliament.
(b) in a joint sitting of both houses of Parliament.
(c) Lok Sabha.
(d) Rajya Sabha.
68. Which Article of Constitution makes mention of reservation in public employment in favour of backward classes?
69. Mens rea means
(a) Aggressive mind
(b) Offensive mind
(c) Guilty mind
(d) Naughty mind
70. The Constitution of India contains
(a) 395 Articles and 8 Schedules
(b) 395 Articles and 12 Schedules
(c) 391 Articles and 14 Schedules
(d) 359 Articles and 10 Schedules
71. By which one of the following amendments the Fundamental Right to property was removed from the Constitution
72. Which one of the following is not a Negotiable Instrument?
(b) Promissory Note
(d) Bill of Exchange
73. Under Muslim Law, marriage is regarded as a
(c) social need.
74. Human Rights Day is observed on
(a) 20th December
(b) 4th July.
(c) 8th August.
(d) 10th December.
75. Under which of the following Articles, laws inconsistent or abridging Fundamental Rights are declared void?
(a) Article 12
(b) Article 13
(c) Article 14
(d) Article 21
76. Which committee is responsible for Tax Reforms?
(a) Jankiraman Committee
(b) Narasimhan Committee
(c) Malhotra Committee
(d) Chelliah Committee
77. Manu Smriti is related with
(b) Political Science.
(c) Medical Jurisprudence.
78. How many Fundamental Duties are mentioned in Indian Constitution?
79. ‘A man is presumed to be innocent until he is proved guilty’ it is a maxim of
(a) Natural Law
(b) Criminal Law.
(c) Common Law.
(d) Universal Law.
80. Writs are issued by
(a) Supreme Court.
(b) High Courts.
(c) Supreme Court and High Courts.
(d) Central Government.
81. aku fqz ? Pzj ueo zjt:
82. 1,3,7, 13,21,?
(a) a b b b
(b) b a b a
(c) a a b b
(d) b b b a
84. ? : JKHI : : TURS : OPMN :
85. POND is written as FXRI, ROTE may be written as
86. Rita’s grades in four tests are 82, 80, 76 and 70. What grade must she get on the fifth test to raise her average to 80?
87. X and Y are children of A. A is the father of X and Y is not the son of A. What is Y to A?
88. If a clinical thermometer reads 100°. What will the centigrade thermometer read? Tick the correct one.
89. Five students are sitting in a row. T is on the right of Z. M is on the left of Z. But M is on the right of L. T is on the left of Q. Who is sitting first from left ?
90. Find the odd one.
(d) Head Master
91. Financial status is no______ to education in a government school.
92. Write_____ pencil and not______ ink.
(a) in, with
(b) with, in
(c) in , in
(d) with, with
93. He buys milk from the local ______ .
94. _____ killed the______ .
(a) curiosity, rat
(b) curiousity, cat
(c) curiosity, mouse
(d) curiosity, cat
Read the passage and choose the correct words to fill in the numbered blanks:
The concept of language cannot be confined to a single dimension because language has 95____ interfaces 96_____ from both individual and socio-cultural 97_____ that can be further broken down into many other sub-factors including social, cognitive, behavioral, economic, and political. Language is not politically innocent but is 98______ for certain given ends at the individual as well as national level. Many scholars have pointed out this 99_____ 1 dimension of language and have looked at its variability from different 100_____ .
95. (a) some
96. (a) coming
97. (a) factors
98. (a) utilized
99. (a) social
100. (a) areas