The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to candidates in undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses offered at 22 NLUs and other colleges/ universities accepting exam scores.
CLAT PG 2024 Schedule
CLAT will be conducted for admission to 22 national law universities that offer 5-year integrated LLB and LLM programmes.
CLAT 2024 will be held on December 18, 2023.
Candidates who have completed LLB or are in the final year of the LLB programme can apply for CLAT LLM.
CLAT PG 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test for LLM|
|Short Exam Name||CLAT PG|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of NLUs|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||742 Seats|
CLAT PG 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for CLAT exam, candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria as under:
CLAT Eligibility for five-year Integrated courses:
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination for national or state board of education
- They should have obtained minimum 45% marks if belonging to General/ Other Backward Class (OBC) / Specially-abled categories and 40% marks if belonging to Scheduled Class (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) categories
- There is no age limit to apply for CLAT LLM as the Bar Council of India (BCI) as removed the upper or lower age limit criteria for admissions to law courses
CLAT PG 2024 Exam Pattern
CLAT PG exam pattern is officially provided by the consortium. The exam pattern of CLAT PG includes details such as the number of questions asked, mode of exam, marking scheme, question type and related information.
Exam pattern of CLAT PG 2024
- There are no descriptive section
- Only multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are asked
- There are 120 MCQs
- Questions are comprehension based
- +1 mark is awarded for correct, while -1/4 mark is deducted for an incorrect answer
Mode of exam : Online
Exam duration : 2 hours
CLAT PG 2024 Admission Procedure
Candidates seeking admissions to NLUs or law schools accepting CLAT scores have to follow the process as under:
Online application – The CLAT consortium opens the application window in online mode on the official website. Candidates seeking admissions through CLAT exam have to apply before the last date of application after completing each step including, registration, filling up the form, uploading documents and fee payment.
Issuing of admit card – The candidates who have successfully filled and submitted the application form of CLAT will be issued admit card to appear for the examination. The admit card of CLAT 2023 will mention details about the test-taking candidate, exam centre name and location, and test schedule.
Appearing for the exam – Candidates have to appear for the entrance exam at the allotted test centres of CLAT 2023. The test timings for CLAT 2023 are 2 pm – 4 pm, however, candidates should report to their test centre by 2 pm. They should their admit card and a valid photo ID proof with them.
Declaration of results – The consortium will announce results of CLAT 2023 on the official website along with a provisional merit list for each NLU.
Admission process – The counseling process of CLAT 2023 will begin in online mode with provisional seat allotment on the basis of the first merit list. The candidates have to confirm their seats after document verification and payment of counselling-cum-admission fee.
Exam Day Tips
Candidates appearing for the exam should carefully check the exam day instructions mentioned below:
- Candidates should report their allotted test centres at least an hour before the exam
- They should carry admit card for CLAT as well as one photo ID proof and a recent passport size photograph
- Candidates should also carry one HB pencil and at least two pens (ballpoint and black/ blue coloured ink)
- Moreover, candidates must not carry study material, valuable items or electronic devices with them as mobile phones, calculators, smartwatches or tablets are banned inside the examination hall
A simple CLAT 2024 strategy
The consortium has uploaded a few mock tests on its website. Take those tests and assess your level of preparation. Once you have a fair idea, create a study plan to work on your weaknesses, and build on your strengths. Ensure that you constantly keep checking your progress by appearing for mock tests.
You can also consider joining a complete study material package for LLM like the one offered by the Delhi Law Academy. With access to hundreds of pages of exam-focused notes, mock tests on the pattern of CLAT, thousands of practice questions you can be assured of being in good hands. The team at the Academy ensures that you are better prepared to fulfill your dream of bagging a seat at one of the best NLUs.
Remember, a change in the pattern of CLAT is an opportunity in disguise. While many students and coaching institutes would be struggling to find the right combination, if you follow this simple strategy and get a good institute or guide to stand by you, then you can definitely crack the test.
This blog talks about CLAT 2024 Process, Changes, Preparation Strategy and some more tips and tricks.
For more such blogs related to law click here.
For Online CLAT Coaching, visit our website.