The Faculty of Law, Delhi University offers seats in the 3-year LLB programme through Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET). Admissions will be offered based on merit cum preference.
Candidates seeking admission to the 3-year LLB programme of Delhi University (DU) should prepare well to score good marks in the entrance test.
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the DU LLB entrance exam 2023 which is one of the most competitive entrance exams in the country. Therefore, scoring good marks and attaining a rank in the merit list is very important for candidates who wish to secure admission in the programme.
The DU LLB preparation revolves around completing the syllabus, making short notes and attempting previous year question papers.
How to prepare for DU LLB 2023: Know about syllabus
Candidates appearing in the law entrance exam of Delhi University should go through the syllabus of DU LLB 2023 to enhance their preparation level. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus and number of questions asked from each topic mentioned below.
DU LLB syllabus 2023: Important topics and number of questions
|Subjects||Topics||No of Questions|
|Analytical abilities||Logical Reasoning Analytical Reasoning Number Systems Percentage & Average Profit Loss Time Speed and Distance Areas Mensuration Probability Venn Diagrams People Work and Time Blood Relations||25|
|General knowledge||History, Political Science, Economics and Environment Current affairs of national and international importance||25|
|English language comprehension||Unseen passages Grammar & comprehension Proverbs Antonyms & synonyms One word substitute Sentence and word correction||25|
|Legal awareness and aptitude||Legal propositions Conclusions Legal Maxims Bare Acts of the Indian Constitution||25|
How to crack DU LLB entrance exam 2023: Know about exam pattern
Knowing the exam pattern of DU LLB 2022 will inform the candidates about the test structure, question pattern, marking schemes and other relevant details. Candidates may check complete information on the exam pattern mentioned in the table below.
DU LLB exam pattern 2022
|Exam duration||120 minutes|
|Exam mode||Online (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice type questions|
|Number of questions||100|
|Marking scheme||4 marks for each correct answer and a penalty of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.|
How to prepare for DU LLB 2023: Important tips and tricks
Make a good study plan
- Candidates appearing in DU LLB 2023 should make a good study plan as per their convenience to complete the syllabus before the stipulated time.
- A good study plan will help them cover all the important topics and understand the basics to attempt any kind of questions on the exam day.
Follow a subject wise preparation strategy
- Candidates should follow a subject wise preparation strategy to answer all the questions in the entrance test without facing any difficulty.
- Hence, they should spend sufficient time on each subject during their preparation for the exam based on their difficulty level.
Refer recommended books for DU LLB 2022
- Candidates should refer to the best study material for DU LLB 2023 and study materials during their preparation for the exam.
- It will keep them focused and provide them much-needed guidance to understand the concepts of each subject easily.
- However, candidates should not refer to a lot of books for each subject. It will create confusion and hamper their preparation strategy for DU LLB 2023.
Make short notes and revise them regularly
- Candidates should prepare short notes during their preparation. It will help them to refer to the important topics quickly at the last moment.
Practice DU LLB previous year question papers
- Candidates should start practicing previous year question papers of DU LLB after completing the syllabus a couple of months before the exam day.
- It will help them to know the difficulty level of the entrance test, their strengths and weaknesses and increase their speed and accuracy.
Read newspapers and magazines
- Candidates should read newspapers and magazines regularly to stay updated on the latest developments across the globe.
- They should also refer to the current affairs books to answer the questions related to general knowledge and current affairs.
Practice DU LLB 2023 mock tests
- Candidates should start practicing mock tests of DU LLB after completing the syllabus a couple of months before the exam day.
- It will help them to get a feel of the actual exam as well as make them aware of the time constraint in attempting the tests, which in turn will accentuate their speed and accuracy.
All the Best!!