Last Updated: Sep 12, 2019
Struggling to prepare for DU LLB Entrance while managing office work?
A little bit of discipline, perseverance, and a well-planned schedule will ensure that you clear the exam with flying colors. Let’s have a quick review of the course followed by the detailed strategy for DU LLB exam preparation while working on your job.
The Faculty of Law, University of Delhi is currently offering 3 years after graduation LL.B. course. Any person with a Graduate / Post Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate, 40% marks for the SC/ST is eligible to appear in the entrance examination but he/she should not be less than 21 years of age and there is no upper limit to age.
Law itself is a diverse area. It is a fundamental step towards establishing a society that is free from all types of criminal activities and any other anti-social activities. Each one of us takes the shelter of the law when we fall under critical circumstances in life. A lawyer acts like a middle person between the person seeking justice and law.
Appearing for this examination requires a good knowledge of every technical field related to law; a good grasp of the English language is a plus benefit that a lawyer enjoys. Whether one wants to become a civil litigation lawyer, a legal analyst, a Government lawyer or a Judge, the one who has good English speaking and writing skills have more prospects of developing in terms of career opportunity.
Apart from English, a good knowledge of all the current events, as well as the newly implemented acts, is also one of the best ways to stay ahead of peers in this industry which maximizes the career prospects.
Candidates mainly need to emphasize on a number of subjects including General Knowledge, English, Logical Reasoning and Legal Aptitude. Candidates who are working should have a balanced study-plan for the subjects as mentioned below:
- Start Practicing From Free Online Practice Test Series
For excelling in the DU LLB entrance examination, you can start practicing from the free test series that are available online. The online test series follows the same pattern of DU LLB entrance examination.
It consists of a set of objective type questions which covers the whole syllabus for this entrance examination. You can practice the test series as many times as you wish. This will help to build up confidence in you when you actually appear for the examination.
- Collect Study Material from Various Sources
While working, get a reference from online sources about the books which are popular and useful for cracking this exam. The books include several sections that cover portions of general knowledge, current affairs, Indian constitution, English comprehension and logical reasoning. These topics are further subdivided into various chapters.
You can practice from the exercises provided at the end of each chapter. You can also download free study materials from various online portals. Collect magazines and newspapers which are important from the DU LLB exam point of view.
To clear the DU LLB entrance you need to have an extensive preparation strategy. Thus, students who are appearing for DU LLB entrance exam need to work hard and efficiently to gain fruitful results. Make sure to diligently remove time from your working schedule to prepare for the examinations.
STRATEGY FORMATION TIPS FOR DU LAW ENTRANCE EXAM
- Cover all Previous papers: It’s advisable for every law aspirant to get past papers of CLAT, NLU Delhi, LSAT-India, DU. Solving the past papers and doing a careful study of them help a law aspirant in two ways: knowing the type of questions in each area and where you are lacking
- Plan a Strategy: Law aspirants must make a daily study plan based on the aforementioned information. At least two months of intensive preparation (8 hours of studies daily) is a must to crack an LL.B. Entrance Test like CLAT
- Perform Well in Boards/University Exams: If you secure good marks, say above 90% in 12th Boards or above 70% in graduation, you may get a seat at some good law schools admitting students on merit basis
- Join Coaching Institute: Explore the best institute in your city by talking to the faculty members who are generally graduates of good law schools
- Go online: Students can find some really wonderful communities on social networking sites like Facebook where thousands of law aspirants network and interact. Without wasting precious time, one should keep abreast of the knowledge shared around
- Solve as many past papers and mocks as possible: The best way for ensuring time-management in the exam and getting the right amount of confidence to crack the exam is to solve as many past papers and full-length mock papers as possible under strict time-limit and exam conditions
It is not at all required to join any coaching while working full time to crack DU Law Entrance Exam. A planned study of 2 to 3 months of intensive preparation is sufficient to pass DU Law Entrance Exam. 5 – 6 hours of focussed study every day is required.
Candidates must make a plan to study at least 2 subjects every day and have at least one vocabulary/English and one reasoning exercise daily. Reading a good newspaper like The Hindu and taking note of important points is important.
For revision, The Hindu Diary of Events and other GK Compendiums could be referred. Students may also trust Universal’s Guide to LL.B. and Universal’s book on Legal GK.
It’s advisable for every law aspirant to get past papers of CLAT and DU available at the respective law schools on payment or on University website for free in case of DU.
Students can find some really wonderful communities on social networking sites like Facebook where thousands of law aspirants network and interact, without wasting precious time, one should keep abreast of the knowledge shared around.
The best way for ensuring time-management in the exam and getting the right amount of confidence to crack the exam is to solve as many past papers and full-length mock papers as possible under strict time-limit and exam conditions.
In this blog post, we have provided all the important points to be kept in mind while preparing for DU LLB along with your full-time job. Hope you liked this post. Do not forget to share your views in the comment section below.