1. Image Based Clearing System (ICS) recently introduced by the RBI, relates to
(d) loan to farmers.
2. Failure to apply for PAN invites a penalty up to
(a) Rs. 2,000.
(b) Rs. 10,000.
(c) Rs. 5,000.
(d) Rs. 3,000.
3. A person who helps or advises someone who is committing a crime is called
(d) none of the above.
4. Capital borrowed by a company using its fixed assets as security is called
(a) debenture stock.
(b) debenture bond.
(c) venture capital.
(d) mortgage debenture.
5. Tax levied on goods manufactured in India is known as
(a) customs duty.
(b) excise duty.
(c) value added tax.
(d) income tax.
6. In order to be considered as a National Party in India, a party needs to secure at least_____ of the total votes in Lok Sabha election in four states and win at least______ seats in the Lok Sabha.
(a) 3%, 4
(b) 4%, 5
(c) 5%, 5
(d) 6%, 4
7. Which of the following is an example of trade barrier?
(a) Foreign investment
(b) Tax on imports
(c) Delay or damage to goods
(d) FDI outflows
8. Which gland in the human body is known as the master gland?
9. Which of the following systems of criminal justice is followed in India?
(c) Both (a) and (b) above
(d) None of the above
10. A person employed by the insurance companies to calculate premiums is called
(b) loss assessor.
11. A lok adalat is constituted
(a) for determining and to arrive at a compromise or settlement between parties in respect of pending cases.
(b) to determine any matter which falls within the jurisdiction of and is not brought before any court for which Lok Adalat is organized.
(c) both (a) and (b) above.
(d) either (a) or (b).
12. The present methodology of poverty estimation in India is based on
(a) minimum subsistence level of living.
(b) reasonable level of living.
(c) both (a) and (b) above.
(d) qualitative concept analysis.
13. Which of the following is true?
(a) Crossing of a cheque affects its negotiability.
(b) Crossing of a cheque affect its mode of payment.
(c) Both (a) and (b) above.
(d) None of the above.
14. Which of the following is the aim of National Population Policy?
(a) It aims at stabilizing the population by 2045.
(b) Reduce infant and maternal mortality.
(c) Both (a) and (b) above.
(d) Apart from (a) and (b) above, it also aims at free and compulsory education to children up to the age of 14 years.
15. AH public moneys received by or on behalf of the government of India are credited into
(a) Consolidated Fund of India.
(b) Public Fund of India.
(c) Reserve Bank of India.
(d) Current Account of the Union.
16. What is the minimum age in India to drive a gearless motorcycle of 100 cc capacity?
(a) 16 years
(b) 18 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 21 years
17. In which of the following states in India, a uniform civil code is in force?
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
18. The total number of ministers including Prime Minister in the Union Council of Ministers shall not exceed_______ per cent of the total members of the House of People,
19. Which of the following systems discourage private property rights?
20. PARAM is a
(a) super computer.
(b) air to air missile.
(c) web browser.
(d) newly inducted submarine.
21. Which is Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan?
(a) It is a scheme under which elementary education is to be provided to all children below the age of 14.
(b) It is a scheme under which elementary education is to be provided to all children below the age of 6 to 14.
(c) It is a scheme that provides for free and compulsory education to all including illiterate adults.
(d) It is a scheme particularly aims to educate illiterate adults.
22. Which of the following is true about environmental degradation?
(a) It is a natural disaster.
(b) It is a manmade disaster.
(c) It is a slow on set disaster.
(d) It is a rapid onset disaster.
23. The daily minimum nutritional requirement for a person in India has been fixed at______ calories in rural areas.
24. Election which is held only for one constituency to fill the vacancy caused by death or resignation of member is known as
(a) midterm election.
(b) by election.
(c) contingent election.
(d) special election.
25. Unreasonable dislike for a particular group of people or preference for one group over another is termed as
26. Who is the foremost law officer of India?
(a) Advocate General
(b) Solicitor General
(c) Attorney General
(d) Barrister General
27. Which of the following is not a fundamental right enshrined in the Constitution of India?
(a) Right to life
(b) Right to vote
(c) Right to equality
(d) Right against exploitation
28. Setting up of a Development Bank was recently arrived at the meeting of
29. Afzal Guru who was executed on 9th February 2013 had been convicted in relation to what event?
(a) Mumbai terror attacks.
(b) Terrorist attacks on the Supreme Court of India.
(c) Terrorist attacks on the Parliament.
(d) Rape and murder in Delhi.
30. Which of the following defines national income?
(a) Sum total of goods and services produced in a country.
(b) Sum total of goods and services produced by each household.
(c) Gross domestic purchase and sales.
(d) Average income of each and every citizen of a country.
31. Containers for microwave cooking are made of
(a) polyethylene terephthalate.
(b) high density polyethylene.
(c) low density polyethylene.
(d) polyvinyl chloride.
32. Who is the Chairman of the newly constituted 20th Law Commission of India?
(a) Justice V S. Sirpurkar
(b) Justice Cyriac Joseph
(c) Justice H. S. Bedi
(d) Justice D. K. Jain
33. Which of the following phenomena leads to solar eclipse?
(a) When the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun.
(b) When the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun.
(c) When the Sun passes between the Earth and the Moon.
(d) All of the above.
34. Which of the following is not a synonym for the word disjoint?
35. Carbon credit is a term used for
(a) a copy of the credit note.
(b) a diamond obtained on loan.
(c) denoting carbon dioxide emissions.
(d) denoting effluents discharged in water.
36. Which of the following did not win a medal at the 2012 London Olympics?
(a) Abhinav Bindra
(b) Vijay Kumar
(c) Sushil Kumar
(d) Mary Kom
37. The Lokpal Bill has been introduced and passed in which House of the Parliament?
(a) Lok Sabha
(b) Rajya Sabha
(c) It has not been introduced yet.
(d) It has been introduced, but not yet passed by any house.
38. Which of the following sports has been proposed to be dropped from the 2020 Summer Olympics?
39. Which political personality filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India, complaining against the involvement of Mr A. Raja in the 2G Spectrum scam?
(a) Ravi Shankar Prasad
(b) Salman Khurshid
(c) Subramaniam Swamy
(d) Arun Shourie
40. Which double amputee South African athlete has been charged of murder?
(a) Oscar Pistorius
(b) David Beckham
(c) Lance Amstrong
(d) Hansie Cronje
41. Identify the correct spelling:
42. Pope Benedict XVI has announced his resignation because of which of the following reason?
(a) Allegations of financial irregularities.
(b) Political pressure.
(c) Sent to exile.
(d) 111 health.
43. Which of the following is not a writ specifically enumerated in Article 32 of the Constitution of India, for the enforcement of fundamental rights?
(b) Habeas Corpus
44. With which of the following countries, India was recently involved in a dispute over the custody and trial of two marines?
(b) Sri Lanka
45. Which Union Minister of Railways resigned immediately after introducing the Railway Budget in 2012?
(a) Pawan Kumar Bansal
(b) Mukul Roy
(c) Dinesh Trivedi
(d) Laloo Prasad Yadav
46. In the Constituent Assembly of India, who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Rajendra Prasad
(c) B.N. Rau
(d) Jawahar Lai Nehru
47. Which of the following banks with its roots in the Bank of Calcutta, is the oldest bank still in existence in India?
(a) Canara Bank
(b) Punjab and Sindh Bank
(c) Bank of India
(d) State Bank of India
48. Any action taken to minimize the extent of disaster or potential disaster is known as
49. A person who agrees to take specified number of shares or debentures in the event of the public not subscribing for them in consideration of a commission is called
(a) commission agent.
(c) share broker.
50. Consumer Price Index measures
(a) changes in the price level of consumer goods.
(b) changes in the price level of services.
(c) changes in the price level of goods and services.
(d) market tendencies influencing sale/ purchase.