Everything You Want To Know About BHU LLB Entrance Exam
In this article, we have dealt with all the important questions that students usually ask about 3 year BHU LLB – the exam pattern, the questions, the syllabus, the marks, the time for the exam, the type of questions etc. Read on!
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Overview
The BHU LLB Entrance exam in conducted by Banaras Hindu University for the candidate seeking admission in law courses. For the purpose of admissions in two different kinds of LL.B. Courses, Banaras Hindu University conducts two Undergraduate Entrance Tests (UET) during April / May in every year. Admissions are made according to merit of the UET, and fulfilling the eligibility requirements and availability of seats in respective courses.
For the purpose of LL.B. (Hons) (Three Year/ Six Semester ) Course admission, the Banaras Hindu University conducts Undergraduate Entrance Test (UET), during 3rd /4th week of May every year. Admissions are made according to merit in the UET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned below and availability of seats.
Eligibility for BHU UET LLB Entrance Exam:
B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./ Shastri (at least 10+2+3 pattern) securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) mark sheet.
any other Degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of admission to LL.B. Course securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years (aggregate being calculated as mentioned above).
Note- As per directive of the Bar Council of India, the candidates who have obtained 10+2 or Graduation/Post-graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in Law Courses
Test Paper Pattern of BHU LLB Entrance Exam:
- The BHU LLB entrance exam will be held in offline mode.
- There will be one Paper of 120 minutes (Two hours) duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple-choice questions.
- The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi Language.
- The questions would be based on General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability.
- The Paper will also include two sets of multiple choice questions on Language comprehension, one each in Hindi and English, where the candidate is required to answer either the Hindi language set or the English language set but not both.
- Three marks will be given for every correct answer, while one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. There will be negative marking for every response. Zero marks will be awarded for unattempted question.
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Events Calendar