Preparing for CLAT LL.M. Entrance Exam?
You have come to the right place! DLA provides expertly crafted Study Material & Notes for CLAT LLM. Entrance Exam.Click Here to know more!
What is CLAT LLM 2020?
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions to postgraduate (PG) law programmes
It is offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country.
On the whole, there are approximately 550 seats available for LLM Program by the National Law Universities.
Important dates FOR CLAT LLM 2020:
The CLAT 2020 exam will be conducted on Monday, 28th September, 2020 from 2:00PM to 4:00PM.
You can view the official notification, click here!
Eligibility for CLAT LLM 2020
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT LLM 2020.
CLAT LLM 2020: Exam Pattern
Introduction and Overview
The PG-CLAT 2020 will feature an emphasis on the comprehension abilities of the students. It shall be of 120 minutes duration, with two sections:
- The first section would include 100 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The second section would require candidates to write 2 descriptive essays.
- Candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
The paper will be based on the mandatory subjects of the undergraduate program and include Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2020, you will be provided extracts from primary legal materials such as important court decisions in various fields of law, statutes or regulations. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate the:
- Ability to read and comprehend the issues discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Awareness of the issues discussed in the passage, as well as of legal issues and facts related to and arising out of the passage and the judgment or statute from which it is extracted;
- Summarise the passage; and
- Ability to apply your knowledge of the fields of law discussed in the passage.
In this section of the PG CLAT 2020, you will be required to write essays answering any 2 questions from amongst the list of questions supplied.
Your answers must not exceed 800 words each, and you will be required to demonstrate the following in your response:
- Awareness of the legal, factual, and philosophical issues arising out of the questions you choose to answer;
- Ability to structure your answer, and clearly set out various arguments and perspectives related to the topic set out in the questions and to draw a conclusion based on the above.
CLAT LLM 2020: Paper Pattern
Maximum Marks 150
Duration of CLAT-2020 Exam 02:00 Hours
Multiple-Choice Questions 100 questions of one mark each
Subjective Questions50 Marks (Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks, 800 words per essay) on the topics of law and contemporary issues
Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
Negative Marking0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
Section-wise distribution of questions are as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Other Law subjects||50|
Out of a total 150 questions, there will be Multiple Choice Questions as well as Long Essay Type Questions. The various topics on which the questions will be based on are –
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contracts
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- International Law
- Family Law
- Property Law
- Intellectual Property Law, etc.
Note : Only candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
For more info
visit the official CLAT website
Appearing for CLAT LLM 2020?
Checkout Previous Years' Papers, Mock Tests, Study Material & Notes and other content for CLAT LLM at DLAClick here for more