Pay Scale of Rajasthan Judicial Service Civil JudgeRs. 27,700 – 44,770/-, with usual dearness allowance and other allowances as sanctioned by the government of Sikkim.
Eligibility of Rajasthan Judicial Service Civil Judge Exam
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have acquired a bachelor degree in law from a recognized institute or university.
- The age of the candidates must be less than or equal to 35 years.
- The candidates of the SC and ST category will get 3 years relaxation in their upper age.
Pattern & Syllabus of Rajasthan Judicial Service Civil Judge Exam
The process for selection into Rajasthan Judicial Services happens in 3 stages:
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
- Main Examination (Subjective type)
The number of candidate to be admitted to the main examination will be fifteen times the total number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Recruiting Authority for any Lower range will be admitted to the main Examination.
On the basis of marks secured in the main examination, candidates to the extent of three times of total number of vacancies (category wise) shall be declared qualified to be called for interview.
The Preliminary Examination will be an objective type examination in which 70% weightage will be given to the subjects prescribed in syllabus for Law Paper-I and Law Paper-II and 30% weightage shall be given to test proficiency in Hindi and English language. The marks obtained in the preliminary examination will not count towards the final selection.
The main examination will consist of 4 papers as follows:
Law Paper I
Code of Civil Procedure,l908, The Constitution of India, Indian Contract Act,1872,The
Indian Evidence Act,1872, The Limitation Act, 1963, The Specific Relief Act, 1963, The
Transfer of Property Act, 1882, Interpretation of Statues, The Rajasthan Rent Control
Act, 200 1, Order/Judgment Writing.
The paper is designed to test the practical knowledge of the candidates in civil law and procedure e.g. drafting, pleading, framing issues and writing out judgments etc., in Civil Cases.
Law Paper II
The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973,The Indian Evidence Act,1872, The Indian Penal
Code, 1860, The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015, The
Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Chapter XVII), The Probation of Offenders Act, 1958,
Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, Framing of Charge /Judgment
Hindi Essay – Essay writing and Grammar.
English Essay – Essay writing, translation from English to Hindi and vice versa and Grammar.
It shall be compulsory to appear, in each and every paper of written test, and also before the Interview Board for viva-voce.
Interview / Viva-voce Details
- After the marks obtained by the candidate in written test have been received the Recruiting Authority shall call for interview such of them as have obtained a minimum of 35% marks in each of the law papers and 40% marks in the aggregate.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category shall be deemed to be eligible for interview if he has obtained a minimum of 30% marks in each of the Law papers and 35% marks in the aggregate:
- Provided further that no candidate shall be recommended who fails to obtained minimum 25% marks in the interview.
- In interviewing a candidate, the suitability for employment to the service shall be tested with reference to his record at the School, College and Univeristy and his character, personality, address and physique. The questions, which may be put to him, may be of a general nature and will not necessarily be academic or legal. The candidate will also be put questions to test his general knowledge including knowledge of current affairs and present day problems. Marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s proficiency in the Rajasthani dialects and his knowledge of social customs of Rajasthan. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each candidate.