Everything You Wanted To Know About PU 3 Year LLB
In this article, we have dealt with all the important questions that students usually ask about PU 3 Year LLB – the exam pattern, the questions, the syllabus, the marks, the time for the exam, the type of questions etc. Read on!
PU 3 year LLB Overview
Panjab University conducts PU- LLB 3 Years Integrated Course Entrance Exam to offer admission to aspirants in law programmes offered at The University Institute of Legal Studies. PU LAW Entrance Exam scores are used by Panjab University (PU) to offer admission to aspirants in the below mentioned colleges:
Eligibility for PU 3 Year LLB
- The aspiring candidates who have passed/appeared in the nal year of Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of the Panjab University with at least 45% of the aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/BC candidates). Or
- A Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of any other University recognized as equivalent to the corresponding degree of the Panjab University with at least 45% of the aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/BC candidates).
- Provided that in case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the Punjab University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate, through Modern Indian Languages (Hindi or Urdu or Punjabi) (Gurumukhi script) and /or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit or Persian or Arabic), the aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/BC candidates) shall be calculated by taking into account the percentage of aggregate marks that he /she had secured at the language examination, excluding the marks for the additional optional paper English and the elective subject taken together . Or
- Master’s Degree in any subject from Punjab University. Or
- A Master’s degree from any other university recognized as equivalent to the corresponding post-graduate degree of the Punjab University.
Note: The applicant who have obtained 10+2 or graduation/post graduation through open universities system directly, without having any basic qualication for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in LL.B. course.
Age Limits: There are no upper age limits for taking PU LLB Entrance exam.
Pattern of PU 3 Year LLB
The PU LLB Entrance Test will be of duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. The Entrance Test will consist of multiple-choice questions of 100 marks. The medium of objective type questions will be in Hindi and Punjabi also. The questions to be asked in the entrance test will be based upon following three components:
One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and there shall be a negative marking of 1/4th for every wrong answers.