1. Election to the Lok Sabha held in 2009 is
2. Who is heading the Commission on Centre- State Relations constituted by the govern¬ment in 2007?
(a) Justice A.R. Lakshmanan
(b) Justice A.S. Anand
(c) Justice Y.K. Sabharwal
(d) Justice M.M. Punchhi
3. In which year the Domestic Violence Act was passed?
4. How many amendments have been made in the Constitution so far?
5. The term of Rajya Sabha member is for
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
6. Which day is celebrated as Consumer Day?
(a) 15 March
(b) 5 June
(c) 19 November
(d) 10 December
7. What is the name of Chief Justice of India?
(a) K.G. Balakrishnan
(b) K.C. Balakrishnan
(c) Y.K. Sabharwal
(d) R.C. Lahoti
8. Which Schedule of the Constitution provides protection to certain laws placed in it from Judicial Review?
9. What is the age for making a person eligible to contest the election of the Lok Sabha?
10. Who was the constitutional adviser in the Constituent Assembly?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Jawahar Lai Nehru
(c) Rajender Prasad
(d) B.N. Rao
11. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) Dr Rajender Prasad
(b) Dr B.R. Ambedkar
(c) Dr Sarojini Naidu
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
12. Parliament consists of
(a) Lok Sabha and President.
(b) Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President.
(c) Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
(d) Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and State Assemblies.
13. What is the salary of President of India?
(a) Rs. 1,50,000
(b) Rs. 1,25,000
(c) Rs. 1,15,000
14. Which writ can be filed to release a person from illegal detention?
(a) Habeas corpus
(d) Quo Warranto
15. In which case the theory of Basic Structure was evolved by the Supreme Court?
(a) Maneka Gandhi V Union of India
(b) L. Chander Kumar V Union of India
(c) Golak Nath V. State of Punjab
(d) Keshwananda Bharti V State of Kerala
16. Vote on account means
(a) Upholding the expenditure already done
(b) Appropriating funds pending passage of budget
(c) Voting done on the report of CAG
(d) Voting on budget
17. Conspiracy means
(a) Running away from jail
(b) Secret plan to commit crime
(c) Disobeying the orders of superior
(d) Wrongfully conveying the facts
18. Amicus Curiae means
(a) An old man
(b) Name given to the poor man
(c) Friend of court or lawyer appointed by a court
(d) A litigant before the court
19. De jure means
(a) Outside the scope of
(b) By virtue of fact
(c) By virtue of law
(d) Capable of crime
20. Ejusdem generis means
(a) Retired after long time
(b) Of the same kind or nature
(c) Formally holding the office
(d) Out of court
21. Caveat emptor means
(a) Let the buyer beware
(b) Let the seller beware
(c) Let the traveller beware
(d) Let the children beware
22. The Vice-President is member of which house of Parliament?
(a) Lok Sabha
(b) Rajya Sabha
(c) Both the houses
(d) Not a member of any house
23. How many fundamental duties are there?
24. In which State of India, the President Rule was imposed in March 2009?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
25. G-20 summit was held in April 2009 in
(a) New York.
26. ‘Malfeasance’ means
(a) Mean mentality
(b) Ugly situation
(d) Wrong doing
27. Find out the word which cannot be formed from the letters of the word ‘Strange’?
28. What is the meaning of ‘Quandary’?
29. ‘Preface’ is to ‘Book’ as ‘Preamble’ is to
30. Who is author of the book We The People?
(a) Nani Palkhiwala
(b) Maneka Gandhi
(c) Khushwant Singh
(d) Justice Krishna Iyer
31. How many Oscars the film Slumdog Millionaire has won?
32. The clothes and other possessions collected by a woman who is soon going to get married, is called
33. A legal case being considered in court is known as
34. 42nd session of Indian Labour Conference in April 2009 was held in
(d) New Delhi.
35. Which of the following has been elected to UN Appeal Tribunal?
(a) Justice P.N. Bhagwati
(b) Soli Sorabji
(c) F.S. Nariman
(d) Justice K.S. Garewal
36. The right to make or sell a new invention is
37. Choose the word which is opposite in the meaning of the word ‘Crucial’.
38. Barack Obama became______ President of USA.
39. She gradually grew______ to her life.
40. Who has been appointed as the first Director of the newly formed National Investigative Agency?
(a) Radha Vinod Raju
(c) A.S. Gill
(d) Tapan Sinha
41. Who is the President of Afghanistan?
(a) Mohd. Kayani
(b) Hamid Karzai
(c) Mohd. Ansari
(d) Hamid Chaudhary
42. Which last surviving member of the Constituent Assembly of India died recently?
(a) R.S. Hooda
(b) K.S. Hooda
(c) Aushutosh Gill
(d) S.S. Raju
43. Allowance due to a wife from her husband on legal separation, is called
44. Quorum to constitute a meeting of either house of Parliament shall be
(a) l/4th of the total members of the house.
(b) 1/1 Oth of the total members of the house.
(c) 1 /3rd of the total members of the house.
(d) 2/3rd of the total members of the house.
45. How many High Courts are there in India?
46. By which High Court the first model e-court in the country was launched?
(a) Gujarat High Court
(b) Delhi High Court
(c) Punjab and Haryana High Court
(d) Kerala High Court
47. Recently the Rajya Sabha members have peti¬tioned the House Chairman for impeachment of a judge of which High Court?
(a) Delhi High Court
(b) Calcutta High Court
(c) Bombay High Court
(d) Karnataka High Court
48. Covenant means
49. Which State has proposed a Bill to legalise Euthanasia?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
50. Who is the Chairman of Law Commission of India?
(a) Justice A.R. Lakshmanan
(b) Justice VR. Krishna Iyer
(c) Justice Ashok Bhan
(d) Justice R.C. Lahoti