1. Who among the following has been awarded the prestigious ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Award’ for the year 2012?
(a) Manna Dey
(b) Soumitra Chatteijee
(c) VK Murthy
(d) K Balachander
2. Who among the following politicians has been declared the winner for the ‘International Jurists Award 2012’?
(a) Shiela Dixit
(b) Mulayam Singh Yadav
(c) Narendra Modi
(d) Nitish Kumar
3. Who among the following is known as the ‘Iron Lady’ of Manipur?
(a) Irom Sharmila
(b) Binodini Devi
(c) Chitranjan Sawant
(d) Thangiam Manorama
4. Who among the following is the present President of Germany?
(a) Horst Seehofer
(b) Christian Wulff
(c) Joachim Gauck
(d) Horst Kohler
5. World Water Day is observed on
(a) 22nd March.
(b) 23rd March.
(c) 24th March.
(d) 25th March.
6. Tihar Prisons became the first jail in the country to attain near total literacy among inmates. Which of the following programs was launched in Tihar Jail in collaboration with the National Literacy Mission to increase literacy levels among inmates?
(a) Padho aur Padhao
(b) Aao Padhein
(c) Padhana Likhana Sikho
(d) Aao Sakshar Bane
7. Adidas is a sports brand of
(a) the USA.
8. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is on bail awaiting a British court decision on his appeal against extradition to Sweden on sexual assault allegations. Julian Assange is a citizen of
(b) the UK.
9. Which country won the recently held Asia Cup 2012?
(d) Sri Lanka
10. Which international player from India has recently retired from test cricket?
(a) VVS. Laxman
(b) Sachin Tendulkar
(c) Rahul Dravid
(d) Virendra Sehwag
11. Gonds, Dorla, and Halba tribes are widely found in
12. What is the name of the world’s first supercomputer, which is up to 250 times faster than the standard PCs?
(d) Deep Blue
13. What is the new name of Mhow district of Madhya Pradesh?
(b) Ambedkar Nagar
(d) None of the above
14. Which one of the following countries is not a member of BRICS nations?
15. In which East African country has oil been discovered for the first time recently?
16. Which among the following cricket players has scored 23,000 international runs and stands second behind Sachin Tendulkar in the all-time test batting chart?
(a) Virat Kohli
(b) Rahul Dravid
(c) Yuvraj Singh
(d) VVS. Laxman
17. 3rd BRICS Summit in 2011 was held in
(d) South Africa.
18. Who among the following is the surprise choice of the US President Barack Obama for the post of World Bank President?
(a) Jim Yong Kim
(b) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
(c) Jose Antonio Ocampo
(d) Robert Zoellick
19. Which of the following countries is ranked first among the 27 MDR-TB high-burden countries worldwide?
20. Which of the following social activists will be part of the ‘Global March to Jerusalem’ to uphold secularism in the region?
(a) Swami Agnivesh
(b) Teesta Setalvad
(c) Anna Hazare
(d) Medha Patkar
21. Who among the following is the current governor of RBI?
(a) D Subbarao
(b) Bimal Jain
(c) C Rangarajan
(d) Y Venugopal Reddy
22. Which of the following IT companies has recently launched ‘My Edu tablet’ in India?
23. Which of the following states has become the first state in India to make public the names of people, government officials, and others, facing corruption cases?
(d) Himachal Pradesh
24. After WWE Wrestler Great Khali, name the second sportsperson keen to open cricket academy in Himachal Pradesh?
(a) Suresh Raina
(b) Harbhajan Singh
(c) Yuvraj Singh
(d) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
25. The notorious arms dealer Viktor Bout, dubbed as the ‘Merchant of Death’, has been sentenced to 25 years in prison in New York; Viktor Bout belongs to
(b) South Africa.
26. Which of the following countries is not a member of an elite league of six nations, who have nuclear-powered submarine?
(d) The UK
27. Who among the following is the Chief Information Commissioner?
(a) Satyananda Mishra
(b) Eajahat Habibullah
(c) A.N. Tiwari
(d) Rajiv Mathur
28. 13 Days on Awakened India is the book on ‘Anna Movement’ written by
(a) Arvind Kejriwal.
(b) Kumar Vishwas.
(c) Kiran Bedi.
29. Who among the following was the president of BCCI, when India won the World Cup in 1983?
(a) NKP Salve
(b) S.K. Wankhede
(c) S. Sriraman
(d) B.N. Dutt
30. Which language has been withdrawn from UNESCO’s Atlas of the World s Languages in Danger as it is considered safe now?
31. Recently, Ibrahim Kalifulla has been sworn in as a Supreme Court judge. He was earlier the Chief Justice of which of the following high courts?
(a) Jammu and Kashmir
32. APJ Abdul Kalam in collaboration with Srijan Pal Singh has written which of the following books?
(a) House of Leaves
(b) We Do not Live Here Anymore
(c) Infinite Jest
(d) Target 3 Billion
33. The Last Lecture is a book authored by
(a) Jeffery Zaslow.
(b) Susan Alcorn.
(c) Salman Rushdie,
(d) Graham Diamond.
34. Which of the following countries is the world’s latest newly born country?
(b) South Sudan
35. Punch Parmeshwar Yojna has been launched by which of the following state governments?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
36. The Pink City will be twinned with Port Louis in the near future; Port Louis is the capital of which of the following countries?
(c) Trinidad and Tobago
(d) Papua New Guinea
37. Who among the following is the present Project Director of Chandrayan II?
(a) T.G.K. Murthy
(b) S. Ramakrishnan
(c) M. Annadurai
(d) Koteshwar Rao
38. The Sariska Tiger Reserve is a national park located in which of the following districts of Rajasthan?
(a) Sawai Madhopur
39. ‘Megha-Tropiques’ is a
(a) satellite mission to study the water cycle in the tropical atmosphere.
(b) French made aircraft.
(c) local wind of tropical region.
(d) new method of cloud computing.
40. Pancheshwar dam is constructed on which of the following rivers?
(a) Sarada (Mahakali)
41. Which of the following projects is the first river interlinking project in the country?
(a) Ken to Chambal
(b) Burhi Gandak to Noon, Baya and Ganga
(c) Krishna to Cauvery
(d) Ken to Betwa
42. Which among the following national parks has the largest population of one-homed rhinos in the world?
(a) Manas National Park
(b) Kaziranga National Park
(c) Chitwan National Park
(d) Corbett National Park
43. The United Nations formally recognized which of the following days as ‘World Down Syndrome Day’?
(a) 27th March
(b) 21st March
(c) 27th February
(d) 4th April
44. Nagarhole National Park also known as ‘Rajiv Gandhi National Park’ is located in which of the following states?
(b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Madhya Pradesh
45. Dictionary of the Great Andamanese Language is the book written by
(a) Anvita Abbi.
(b) R.K. Narayan.
(c) Arundhati Roy.
(d) Mahadevi Varma.
46. Which among the following cities is known as the Venice of the East?
47. Bandar Abbas Port is located in which of the following countries?
48. Bhavani Island is located in which of the following states?
(a) West Bengal
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
49. Name the first Indian athlete to reach the Olympic finals.
(a) Shiny Wilson
(b) PT Usha
(c) Milkha Singh
(d) Aswini Nachappa
50. Who constructed Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi?
(a) Haji Begum
51. Paralympics are for
(a) women only.
(b) children only.
(c) physically challenged persons.
(d) senior citizens.
52. Who is the founder of Jainism in India?
53. Name the Sun God in Greek mythology.
54. How does a butterfly taste things?
55. What mathematical notation did India give to the world?
56. Red color of human blood is due to
57. Name the vehicle in which man first landed on the moon.
(a) Apollo 5
(c) Apollo 11
58. Which tree has no wood?
59. How many planets are there in the solar system?
60. Who wrote The Moonstone?
(a) Wilkie Collins
(b) Robert Frost
(c) Charles Dickens
(d) Thomas Gray
61. How many kinds of wrns are there under the Indian Constitution?
62. Audi alteram partem means
(a) the right to a fair hearing.
(b) no person should be punished twice for the same offence.
(c) no person can be a judge in his own cause.
(d) justice should not be denied.
63. The Constitution of India provides for how many types of emergencies?
64. Who discharges the duty of giving oath to the President of India?
(a) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(b) Chief Justice of India
(c) Vice President
(d) Chairman of Rajya Sabha
65. What is the age of retirement of a Supreme Court judge?
66. How many times has financial emergency been declared in India?
67. Money Bill is introduced in
(b) Rajya Sabha.
(c) Lok Sabha.
(d) Both (b) and (c).
68. Who was the first President of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) B.R. Ambedkar
69. The basic law in England is known as
(a) local laws.
(b) Constitutional law.
(c) common law.
(d) civil law.
70. What makes a contract void?
(d) Contract with a minor
71. A company is an
(a) artificial person,
(b) natural person.
(c) no person.
(d) civil person.
72. Under the law in India what kind of euthanasia is allowed?
(a) Active euthanasia
(b) Passive euthanasia
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Not allowed
73. Burden of proof in any criminal case lies on the
74. Which of the following contempt is laid down in the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971?
(a) Civil contempt
(b) Criminal contempt
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Administrative contempt
75. Who is the first law officer of the country?
(a) Attorney General of India
(b) Solicitor General of India
(c) Chief Justice of India
(d) Advocate General
76. The full form of FIR is
(a) Free Information Report.
(b) First Information Report.
(c) Frequent Information Report.
(d) Fast Information Report.
77. The offence of‘ Defamation’is
(a) a crime.
(b) a tort.
(c) both (a) and (b).
(d) not a legal offence.
78. The judges of the Supreme Court are chosen by
(a) President of India.
(b) Prime Minister of India.
(c) Chief Justice of India.
(d) Collegium of judges.
79. Republic means
(a) the office of the head of the country is hereditary.
(b) the office of the head of the country is elected.
(c) the office of the head of the country is nominated.
(d) the head of the country is appointed.
80. The country of India is
(a) federal in character.
(b) unitary in character.
(c) federal with unitary features.
(d) not federal or unitary.
81. Necessity is the mother of invention. Which of the following supports the above statement?
(a) Invention is related to needs.
(b) The need of a thing is the driving force to look for ways to create it.
(c) People invent new things because outdated things impair growth and stymie progress.
(d) All of the above.
82. If Rakesh likes Physics more than Geography; Mathematics more than Biology; and Biology more than Physics then which one of the following is not true?
(a) He likes Geography more than Mathematics.
(b) He likes Mathematics more than Geography.
(c) He likes Biology more than Geography.
(d) He likes Mathematics more than Biology.
83. If the second day after tomorrow is Tuesday, then which of the following was the day before yesterday?
84. While describing her relationship with Aditi, Soumya said ‘She is the sister of my brother’s son’. How is Aditi related to Soumya?
85. Pointing to a person Sona said, ‘He is my paternal grandfather’s only daughter-in-law’s brother’s child’. How is Sona related to the person?
86. Read the given sentence carefully and identify the statement that is definitely incorrect. ‘Only rajma is rice’.
(a) All rajma is rice.
(b) Some rajma is rice.
(c) Some rice is rajma.
(d) None of these.
87. Blackberry, Panasonic, Motorola, Samsung, _____ . Apple. Which of the following words best fits the blank?
88. Some soaps are toys. No toy is a pen. Which of the following can be concluded from these two statements?
(a) Some soaps are pens.
(b) Some soaps are not pens.
(c) Some soaps may or may not be pens.
(d) All soaps are pens.
89. Arrival is to departure as birth is to
90. Complete the following series 2,6,______ , 20, 30, 42, 56.
91. From the given options, choose the correct form of idiom.
(a) At arm’s length
(b) At hair’s length
(c) At hand’s length
(d) At foot’s length
92. From the given options, choose the correct form of idiom.
(a) Break an ice
(b) Break a ice
(c) Break the ice
(d) Break some ice
93. The synonym of ‘acme’ is
94. The synonym of ‘laconic’ is
95. The antonym of ‘mutation’ is
96. The antonym of ‘pandemonium’ is
97. ‘Titular’ means
(c) Large and Powerful
(d) Having only title
98. ‘Bequeath’ means
99. One word for ‘one who questions the presence of God’
100. One word for ‘one who is used by the plaintiff