Odisha Judicial Service Civil Judge – Personal Law – 2012
Odisha Judicial Service Civil Judge – Personal Law – 2012 Question Paper
Total marks – 150 Duration – 3 hours
SECTION – A
1. Explain two prominent schools of Hindu Law. What are the differences between two? Are there any sub-schools of one of above schools? State their differences also.
2. Discuss various conditions of a Valid Marriage as provided under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Voilation of which condition makes the marriage void and voidable. Explain.
3. State the legal effects of a Valid Adoption. What do you mean by the theory of Relation Back?
How the Supreme Court revived this theory after the commencence of Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956? Explain with citing of the cases decided by the ‘Supreme Court1.
4. Explain the rules of succession of Self Acquired Property left by a Hindu Male dying Intestate as provided in Hindu Succession Act, 1956.
5. Explain the Term ‘Coparcenary’. What are the main elements of a Hindu Coparcenary ? State the rules of succession of a coparcenary property after Hindu Succession Act, 1956. What changes have been brought by the Hindu Succession Amendment Act, 2005, in this regard?
6. Write short notes on the following :
a. Maintenance Pendente Lite and Permanent Alimony
b. Natural Guardians of a minor child, and their powers
7. Discuss various sources of Mohammadan Law.
8. Explain various conditions of a Valid Muslim Marraige. In which circumstances a Marriage becomes Batil (Void) and Fasid (Irregular). State the consequences of such Marriage.
9. Discuss various forms of Talaq as recognized in Muslim Personal Law.
10. The right of ‘Pre-emption’ under Muslim Law is a very weak right.” Explain the statement stating The Law of Pre-emption as prevailed in Muslim Law.
11. Explain the concept of ‘Dower’ and its various classes as recognized in Muslim Law.
12. Explain the following :
a. Doctrine of ‘Aul’ and ‘Rud’
b. Rule of Acknowledgement and Legitimacy of a child