Odisha Judicial Service Civil Judge – Law of Tort and Crime – 2015
Odisha Judicial Service Civil Judge – Law of Tort and Crime – 2015 Question Paper
Total marks – 150 Duration – 3 hours
1. Discuss the objectives of criminal justice in the light of recognised theories of punishment.
2. Right to private defence is founded on the principle “it is the first duty of man to help himself. Make a critical assessment.
3. “All homicides are not culpable as much as all culpable homicides are not murders.” Explain the relevant provisions of IPC with appropriate illustrations.
4. Define “Extortion,, and ‘‘Theft” and explain the distinguishing features of these offences.
5. Explain the ingredients of the offence of “Forgery” and distinguish between “Forgery” and making a “false document”.
6. Write short notes on the following :
a. Criminal trespass
c. Malicious prosecution
d. Criminal intimidation
e. Riot and Affray
f. Cyber crime
Section – B
7. “Every injury is a Tort unless justified, ho injury is a Tort unless it falls within the specified category of any accepted Tort1’. Critically examine the schools of thought by Winfield and Salmond.
8. “Relationship of Master and Servant is an essential precondition for determining vicarious liability1′.
9. Discuss the essential conditions of Tort of Defamation and the various defences available to the defendant.
10. “The Law takes no cognizance of carelessness where there is no duty to take care.” Discuss.
11. Discuss the changing dimensions of the “Rule of Strict Liability”.
12. Write short notes on the following :
b. Maintenance and Champarty
c. Contributory negligence
d. Assault and Battery
e. Joint Tort feasors
f. Res Ipsa Loquitur