Nagaland Judicial Service Grade – I 2015 – Paper-II
Nagaland Judicial Service Grade – I 2015 – Paper-II Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
1. Are tape-records of speeches “documents” as defined in section 3 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872?
2. Is opinion of a handwriting expert binding on the Court trying a criminal case?
3. Can the Civil Court order arrest or detention of a woman in civil prison in execution of a decree for payment of money?
4. What is the period of limitation for filing a suit seeking compensation for libel?
5. Write a brief note on the expression “sufficient cause” in the context of the Limitation Act, 1963.
6. What do you understand by “actionable claim”? Please elaborate.
7. Examine the rights and liabilities of Lessor and Lessee,
8. Examine the distinction between Review and Revision under the Civil Procedure Code.
9. When culpable homicide does not amount to murder? Examine and explain.
10. Can the accused charged with commission of the offence of rape be convicted on the sole testimony of the prosecutrix? Examine in the light of Supreme Court decisions.
11. Who all are entitled to maintenance under Section 125 Cr.P.C.? Examine the scope and ambit of this provision.
12. How are Public Prosecutors appointed? Critically examine the role of Public Prosecutors with reference to Supreme Court decisions.
13. Write brief notes on any five out of the following :
(i) Circumstantial evidence.
(iii) Examination of the accused under Section 313 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
(iv) Right of private defence.
(v) Criminal conspiracy.
(vi) Res judicata
(vii) Rule against perpetuity.
(viii) Adverse possession.