Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2010 Paper-II
Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2010 Paper-II Question Paper
Total marks – 200 Duration – 3 hours
1. Explain procedure regarding trial of a Summons case.
2. Write notes on any two :
(A) Magistrate’s powers of imposing sentences
(B) Detention of accused in custody during investigation of crime
(C) Grant of bail in cases of bailable and non-bailable offences by a Court other than High Court or Sessions Court
(D) Cognizable and non-cognizable offences
3. (a) How a Magistrate of the first class can take cognizance of any offence ?
(b) How and when a Magistrate of the first class can issue process in a private complaint ?
4. Write notes on any two :
(A) Assault and Criminal force
(B) Robbery and Dacoity
(C) Kidnapping and Abduction
(D) Abetment and Criminal conspiracy
5. What is culpable homicide ? Explain when it amounts to murder and when it does not amount to murder.
6. Discuss provisions regarding cruelty to a woman by her husband or his relatives and abetment by them to commit suicide.
7. Write notes on any two :
(A) Admission and Confession
(B) Public Document
(C) Use of previous statement in writing of a witness during the trial
(D) Estoppel (S)
8. Explain the provisions relating to admissibility of oral evidence at variance with the terms of a contract in between the parties reduced into writing by them.
9. What is presumption ? State the provisions regarding presumption as to abetment of suicide by a married woman and dowry death of a married woman.
10. Discuss the provisions relating to grant of maintenance under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
11. (a) What is primary and secondary evidence? When is the secondary evidence admissible?
(b) How the execution of a document can be proved?
12. Write an essay on any one of the following :
(a) Child Labour in Indian Society
(b) White Collared Crime – Cyber Crime
13. Write Judgement on the following facts :
Narmada, the wife of accused no. 1 was living with her brother Gangaram because of the estrangement between the spouses. Cases against each other were pending in the courts. On the date of incident at 10 a.m. she along with her brother and his wife Chameli was taking cattle to the river. Accused no. 1 obstructed them and asked Narmada to come with him. She refused. A1 got annoyed and gave blows on her hand with iron bar. At that moment four brothers of the accused no. 1 (A2 to A5) joined him. A2 gave axe blow on the right leg of Gangaram causing compound fracture to him. A3 assaulted Chameli by giving fist and kicks blows to her. All the five accused then went to the hut in the field of the uncle of Gangaram, named Bangdu where all of them assaulted Bangdu by entering into the hut and gave fists and kicks blows to him. Bangdu lodged report in the Police Station at 8 p.m. on the same day.
At the trial injured persons stated the incident as it is. Out of the four eye-witnesses, the adjoining field owners, two supported the prosecution case and two turned hostile. Injuries were proved by the Doctor who examined them but the X-ray report was not proved as the X-ray technician was not examined. Defence of the accused is of total denial.