Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2017 Paper-II
Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2017 Paper-II Question Paper
Total marks – 200 Duration – 3 hours
1. Discuss the constitution and powers of various criminal courts constituted under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
2. Write notes (any two):
(a) Bar to take cognizance of certain offence after lapse of the period of limitations
(b) Security for good behaviour from habitual offenders
(c) When fact not otherwise relevant becomes relevant
(d) Stoppage of summons case
3. Discuss critically the exceptions enumerated to Section 300 of the Indian Penal Code.
4. Write difference between (any four):
(a) Bail and Anticipatory Bail
(b) Discharge and Acquittal
(c) Police custody and Magisterial custody
(d) Dowry death and Harassment of a woman by husband or his relatives for illegal demands
(e) Forgery and Making of false document
(f) Criminal trespass and House trespass
5. Discuss law of hearsay evidence and also explain the rationale behind exclusion of hearsay evidence.
6. (a) Discuss limitation or jurisdiction of civil courts under the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955.
(b) Define ‘Economic boycott* under the SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
7. Write short notes (on any four):
(a) Electronic Records
(b) Cross Examination of a Witness
(c) Refreshing Memory
(d) Judge’s Power under Section 165 of the Indian Evidence Act
(e) Impeaching Credit of Witness
(f) Who May Testify
8. Discuss critically the maxim “actus non fadt reum, nisi mens sit rea”. How far is this maxim reflected in the Indian Penal Code ?
9. Write an essay on any one of the following:
(a) Cow Slaughter Ban
(b) Digital India
10. Write judgement on the following facts :
A and B were friends. They were having fun in the house of A. Suddenly a quarrel occurred between the two. A assaulted B with a stick on his leg resulting into fracture injury. A assaulted B in the presence of his parents C and D. B went to a hospital and got treatment. Doctor E issued injury certificate showing fracture in right leg.
During trial, B supported prosecution version. However, parents of A i.e., C and D turned hostile. Injury certificate was proved through the Doctor. He also deposed that B was admitted in the hospital with history of assault. B identified the stick by which he was assaulted. There is no independent eye witness to the incident. A took a plea that B himself fell down while running. A also said that he has admitted B in the hospital and argued that had he assaulted B, he would not have admitted B in the hospital.