Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2016 Paper-II
Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2016 Paper-II Question Paper
Total marks – 200 Duration – 3 hours
1. What is meant by burden of proof ? On whom does it lie ? Does the burden of proof shift ?
2. Write short notes (any two):
(b) Hostile witness
(c) Res gestae
(d) Secondary evidence
3. Explain in detail the provisions regarding criminal conspiracy.
4. Write difference between (any four):
(a) Bailable offence and Non-bailable offence
(b) Common intention and Common object
(c) Inquiry and Investigation
(d) Admission and Confession
(e) Complaint and FIR
(f) Bigamy and Adultery
5. Explain the provisions relating to hurt and grievous hurt.
6. Define and explain the following:
(a) ‘Place of Public Entertainment’ under Protection of Civil Rights Act
7. Write notes (on any four):
(a) Valuable Security
(b) Wrongful gain and Wrongful loss
(d) Good faith
8. Discuss in detail the provisions relating to unlawful assembly.
9. Write tin essay on any one of the following :
(a) Whether capital punishment should be abolished ?
(b) Whether defamation should be decriminalised ?
(c) Whether juvenile offenders should be treated as adults in case of heinous crimes ?
10. Write judgement on the following facts :
There was a quarrel between A and B. C, B’s brother, went to A’s house to know the cause of the quarrel. A twisted C’s right hand forcefully resulting in dislocation of C’s shoulder. B is an eye witness to the incident.
It was argued on behalf of the prosecution that it has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt. It was argued on behalf of the accused that there was enmity between A and C. B’s testimony cannot be relied upon as he is a related witness and no independent witness was examined.