Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2015 Paper-I
Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2015 Paper-I Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
1. Write essays on the following topics:
(i) Reporting of Court proceedings by media and the administration of justice.
(ii) Public Interest Litigation.
2. Write a story from the following outline:
Boy set to guard sheep- told to cry “Wolf I” if he sees a wolf near the flock- watches the sheep for several days- gets tired of the monotonous work- so one day shouts “Wolf ” as a joke- all the villagers hasten to his help- they find no wolf- boy laughs at them- villagers angry- repeats the same joke a few days later- some villagers take no notice- some come running- finding nothing, they beat the boy- at last the wolf really comes- boy is terrified and shouts “Wolf !””Wolf !”- villagers take no notice- the wolf kills several sheep.
3. Amplify any one of the following:
(i) Rome was not built in a day.
(ii) We live in deeds, not in years.
4. Each of the questions below consists of a word in capital letters, followed by four lettered words or phrases. Choose the lettered word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters and indicate the letter of your choice:
5. Each of the questions below consists of a word in capital letters, followed by four- lettered words or phrases. Choose the lettered word that is most nearly similar in meaning to the word in capital letters and indicate the letter of your choice:
(c) Existing at birth
(b) Unexpected gain
6. Substitute the following by one word:
(i) One who is easily deceived
(ii) A medicine to counteract the effect of poison
(iii) A speech made without any previous preparation
(iv) One who copies from other writers
(v) One who is all powerful
7. Each word has been spelt in four different ways. Only one among them is the correct spelling of the word. Select the correct one.
(i) (a) Rhythm (b) Rhythym (c) Rythym (d) Rhethym
(ii) (a) Repeatition (b) Repitition (c) Repetition (d) Repetetion
(iii) (a) Diarroea (b) Diarhoea (c) Diarrhoea (d) Diarehea
(iv) (a) Sattellite (b) Satelite (c) Sattelite (d) Satellite
(v) (a) Occurrence (b) Occurrence (c) Ocurrence (d) Occurance
8. Each of the following idioms/phrases is followed by four options marked as (a), (b), (c) and (d). Choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given idiom/phrase.
(i) Bed of roses
(a) Garden of roses
(c) A comfortable situation
(d) Side by side
(ii) Nook and corner
(iii) To fight shy of
(a) To produce no effect
(b) To avoid
(c) To gain advantage
(d) To delay in acting
(iv) Up and doing
(a) To stand guard
(c) Once more
(d) In addition to
(v) High and mighty
(c) Very rich
9. Fill up the blanks with words expressing appropriate comparisons.
(i) As green as______
(ii) As sharp as a______
(iii) As old as the_____
(iv) As good as_______
(v) As soft as________
10. Correct the following sentences:
(i) What is the time on your watch ?
(ii) Asha said that she will go with me.
(iii) This house is not worth to buy for twenty five thousand rupees.
(iv) I told Shyam that I had made up my mind last night.
(v) The sceneries of Kashmir are worth seeing.
(vi) Neither the officer nor the clerk were able to complete their work.
(vii) The boy told us an account of his adventure.
(viii) He is confined in bed.
(ix) Flam said to me “can you lend me your umbrella ?”
(x) Rita bought three dozens pencil.