Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2011 Paper-II
Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2011 Paper-II Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
SECTION – A
Write on any 2 of the following topics (maximum 300 words)
(a) Anna Hajare’s battle against corruption in governance.
(b) Decade old struggle of Irom Sharmila for repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act.
(c) India’s cricket obsession and its impact on the growth of other sports in the country.
(d) Fasting is in flavour in our country.
SECTION – B
1. One of Mr. Horton, his wife, their son, and Mr. Horton’s mother is a doctor and another is a lawyer.
(a) If the doctor is younger than the lawyer, then the doctor and the lawyer are not blood relatives.
(b) If the doctor is a woman, then the doctor and the lawyer are blood relatives.
(c) If the lawyer is a man, then the doctor is a man.
Whose occupation you know and which one it is ?
2. There are 200 questions on a 3 hour examination. Among these questions are 50 mathematics’ problems. It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question. How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
3. In June a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a phenomenal wining streak this team raised its average to 50%. How many games must the team have won in a row to attain his average ?
4. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr. Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr. Black would take 8 days and Mr. Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr. Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr. Blue to complete the contract ?
5. To 15 Itrs. of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 Itrs. of pure water. What is % alcohol.
6. If the total distance of a journey is 120 km. If one goes by 60 kmph and comes back at 40 kmph what is the average speed during the journey ?
7. A school has 30% students from Maharashtra. Out of these 20% are Mumbai students. Find the total percentage of Mumbai ?
8. City A’s population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year. In how many years both the cities will have same population ?
9. Animesh and Anand together got a profit of Rs.9,600 and they distributed between themselves in the ratio of 5 : 7. What is the share of Animesh ?
(a) Rs. 4,000
10. A sample of milk contains 5% water. What quantity of pure milk should be added to 10 litres of milk to reduce the water content to 2%
(a) 5 litres
(b) 7 litres
(c) 15 litres
(d) 12 litres
11. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
12. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
13. Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50 kmph and the other at 40 kmph. How much time will it take for the two cars to meet ?
14. What is the selling price of a product ? If the cost of the product is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned .
15. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
SECTION – C
mark for each correct answer
1. The age of a tree can be calculated by—
(a) Number of branches
(b) Its height
(c) Girth of its trunk
(d) Number of its annual rings
2. Which one of the following types of unemployment is common in Indian agriculture ?
3. A rolling plan refers to a plan which—
(a) Does not change its targets every year
(b) Changes its allocations every year
(c) Changes its allocations and targets every year
(d) Changes only its targets every year
4. Which one of the following is not a source of the tax revenue in Indian States?
(a) Land Revenue
(b) Motor Vehicle Tax
(c) Entertainment Tax
(d) Corporate Tax
5. Which agency acts as coordinator between Union Government, Planning Commission and State Governments ?
(a) National Integration Council
(b) Finance Commission
(c) National Development Council
(d) Inter-State Council
6. When will demand become a grant ?
(a) When a demand is proposed
(b) After the discussion on demand is over
(c) After the demand is granted
(d) When the Budget Session is closed
7. What makes the Judiciary the guardian of the Constitution ?
(b) Service Conditions
(d) Judicial Review
8. What is the name of Judicial organ of UNO ?
(a) Supreme Court
(b) Court of International Justice
(c) Judicial Forum
(d) International Court of Justice
9. The precipitation consisting of a mixture of snow and rain is—
10. ‘Operation Flood’ was launched in 1970 to—
(a) Control floods
(b) Increase milk production
(c) Improve water sources
(d) Construct more dams
11. Camel can walk easily in the desert, because—
(a) It has thick skin
(b) It can maintain water level in the body
(c) It has a layer of fat under the skin to combat heat
(d) It has long legs with padded paws
12. The function of arteries in our body is to—
(a) Carry blood away from the heart
(b) Purify the blood
(c) Manufacture White Blood Corpuscles
(d) Carry blood back to the heart
13. Sex in human beings is determined by—
14. The most important function of perspiration is—
(a) Get rid of the body wastes
(b) Regulate body temperature
(c) Regulate body wastes
(d) Lubricate the skin
15. Indian Penal Code came into operation in –
16. Kilo Watt Hour represents the unit for—
17. Floppy disk is an example of—
(a) Read Only Memory
(b) Random Access Memory
(c) Cache Memory
(d) Secondary Storage Memory
18. During sleep, man’s blood pressure—
(d) Remains constant
19. Full statehood was coffered to Arunachal Pradesh by which Amendment of the constitution
20. An error in a computer program is called
(b) Power Failure
21. What is backup ?
(a) Adding more components to your network.
(b) Protecting data by copying it from the original source to a different destination.
(c) Filtering old data from the new data.
(d) Accessing data on tape.
22. Which is the oldest mountain rage of India ?
23. Which type of coffee is grown maximum in the world ?
(a) Coffea arabica
(b) Coffea robusta
(c) Coffea liberia
(d) Mountain coffee
24. Who is Cricketer of the year 2011-
(a) Jonathan Trott
(b) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(c) Kumar Sangakara
(d) Sachin Tendulkar
25. 2011 US Open Women’s Singles Champion –
(a) Liezel Huber
(b) Lisa Raymond
(c) Sarena Williams
(d) Samantha Stosur
26. The Sarkaria Commission was appointed to review the question of –
(a) Centre / State relations
(b) Legislative problems
(c) Union territories’ problems
(d) Tribal areas
27. In ends and means relationship, Gandhiji believed –
(a) Means become good if they serve the end
(b) Means and ends are watertight compartments
(c) Means determine the end
(d) End is everything, no matter what or how the means are
28. Which one among the following has the largest shipyard in India
29. The tutor of Alexander the great was-
30. Veselin Tapoleve who became the World Champion recently, is associated with which of the following games / sports?