Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2006 GK
Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2006 GK Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
1. Justice R.C. Lahoti is the
(a) 32nd Chief Justice of India.
(b) 33nd Chief Justice of India,
(c) 34th Chief Justice of India.
(d) 35th Chief Justice of India.
2. A triable offence committed by an adult is
(a) criminal offence
(b) indictable offence
3. The killing of a new born child by its parents
1. International Com! of Justice has its seat in :
(b) The Hague
(c) New York
2. A Supreme Court Judge is removed by
(a) order of Vice President
(b) both Houses of Parliament
(c) Chief Justice of India
(d) President’s order, after both Houses of Parliament pass resolution.
3. First Woman Prime Minister in the world was of
(a) Sri Lanka
4. Who is the present Secretary General of the United Nations?
(a) Bouttos Bouttos Ghali
(b) Kofi Annan
(c) Madeline Albright
(d) Collin Powell
5. Which one of the following States is not adjacent to National Capital Territory of Delhi ?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Medha Patekar is a
7. First Bar-at-Law in India
(a) Madhusudan Das
(b) Jnanendra Mohan Tagore
(c) Chii.ta Ranjan Das
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
8. Number of High. Courts in India are
9. December 10 is observed as
(a) World Animal Welfare day
(b) World Habital day
(c) Human Rights day
(d) Legal Services day
10. The largest gland in the human body is
11. Complete the series: 4, 12, 36, 108 ,
12. Though the Constitution of India provides for the federal system of Government, India has
(a) dual judicial system
(b) plural judicial system
(c) single judicial system
(d) multiple judicial system
13. VAT refers to
(a) value added tax
(b) various added tax
(c) valuable added tax
(d) value-based additional tax
14. in India, recognition t<^ Political Parties is accorded by
(b) Law Commission
(c) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(d) Election Commission
15. To be appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court, a person should have been an Advocate of a High Court for at least
(a) 10 years
(b) 12 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 15 years
16. Which is the worst affected State in India from TSUNAMI wave tragedy in 2004?
(c) Tamil Nadu
17. Which one of the following is not ‘primary colour’?
18. Tonny Blair, Prime Minister of Britain belongs to
(a) Conservative party
(b) Liberal Democratic party
(c) Labour party”
(d) Radical party
19. Which of the following statement is correct ?
(a) Under the Criminal Law, an accused is presumed to be innocent
(b) Under the Criminal Law, an accused is presumed to be guilty
(c) Under the Criminal Law, an accused is presumed to be innocent and the burden is upon the prosecution to prove him .guilty
(d) None of these above
20. One who brings an action at law’
21. India has the world’s largest deposit of
22. What distinguishes Civil law from Universal law?
(a) everyone follows civil law
(b) everyone follows Universal law
(c) Civil laws are derived from Universal laws
(d) Universal laws are derived from Civil laws