Assam Judicial Service Grade-I 2013 Paper-III
Assam Judicial Service Grade-I 2013 Paper-III Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
1. A country cannot be developed without the participation of milage unit local self government”- Mahatma Gandhi
What do you mean by local self government and discuss the constitutional provisions in respect of local self government for democratic decentralization.
2. Write briefly the different methods of acquisition and termination of Indian citizenship. Is there any direct constitutional provision to that effect?
3. Why has special status been given to the State of Jammu and Kashmir ? Do you think that this special status should be extended to Assam also ? Give reasons.
4. Write short notes on any two of the following
(a) All India Services.
(c) Finance Commission
5. Write an exhaustive note on ‘Writs’.
6. Discuss in detail the procedural safeguards to civil servants guaranteed by Article 311(2) of the Constitution of India pointing out the exceptions. Cite case laws.
1. Write briefly
a. Austin’s theory of law and its deficiencies, if any.
b. What is criminal justice ? Refer to two theories of punishment of your choice.
c. Interpretation of statutes.
2. What is the meaning of the term ‘Law’ ? Distinguish between ‘public law’ and ‘private law’.
3. Write a note on the nature of jurisprudence. What is the utility of study of jurisprudence ? Discuss.
1. Write a judgment on the basis of the materials supplied in the; enclosed paper book.