Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2008 Legal Aptitude
Assam Judicial Service Grade-III 2008 Legal Aptitude Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
1. Where the death of a woman is caused by any burns or bodily injury or occurs otherwise than under normal circumstances within seven years of her marriage and it is shown that soon before her death she was subjected to cruelty or harassment by her husband or any relative of her husband for, or in connection with, any demands for dowry, such death shall be called “dowry death”, and such husband or relative shall be deemed to have caused the death . Whoever commits dowry death shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than seven years but which may extend to imprisonment for life.
The mother-in-law of Sarla persistently tortured her for demand of a scooter, soon after the solemnization of marriage. As a result Sarla took a poisonous tablet and got died.
Is the mother-in-law of Sarla liable for death of Sarla ?
2. Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intenticnally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act commission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”.
A, falsely pretending to be an Army General, intentionally in dukes B to let him have goods worth twenty thousand rupees in credit from his shop. A has no settled employment or bank balance on the day of the transaction.
Is A guilty of cheating in this case ?
3. Whoever delivers to any other person as genuine any counterfeit currency which he knows to be counterfeit, but which he did not know to be counterfeit at the time when he received it is guilty of an offence.
On returning home from the market one day, Mrs. X notices a counterfeit currency note of Rs,50 while counting the remaining money. Mrs. X returns to the same shop where she got the counterfeit currency with a view to get rid of the counterfeit note. She buys a shampoo worth Rs.32 and passed the fake note at the cash counter. The cashier inspects the note and realizes that it is counterfeit. He called the police.
Is Mrs. X guilty of an offence ?
4. Theft is the dishonest moving of property with the intention of taking it out from the person’s possession without his consent,
Naman wants to put on Levis jeans arid a Monte Carlo sweater on the Christmas night. But, both the clothes are dirty. He therefore gives to a dry cleaner for dry cleaning. He is -told to collect the clothes after two days from the shop. When he reaches the shop after two days he finds that he does not have enough, money to pay to the dry cleaner. But since due to winter he needs the sweater desperately, he scrumptiously places the sweater near his other goods so that he can quickly take it without the knowledge of the dry clearer.
Is Naman guilty of theft ?
5. Whoever causes the death of any person by doing any rash or negligent act not amounting to culpable homicide, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.
A driver of a Tourist Bus belonging M/S Blue Hills Travel, Guwahati, while negotiating an unmanned railway level crossing at Dharamtul at speed of 30 kmph clashed against a passing passenger train. Consequently one of the tourist was killed, On investigation it was found that the driver could not stop the bus due to a defect in the brakes not known to him.
Should the driver be punished for the offence of causing death by negligence ?