Jharkhand Judicial Service Exam
Name of Post: Civil Judge (Junior Division)
Pay-Scale: Rs. 27,700- 44,770
Age Limit: 22- 35 years
Minimum Qualifications: Law Graduate from a recognized University and enrolled as an Advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961
How to Apply: Apply Online
Jharkhand Judicial Services Overview
(1) The competitive Examination for the recruitment to the post of Civil Judge shall be conducted by Recruiting Authority in two stages i.e. Preliminary Examination and Main Examination as per the Scheme specified in Schedule-IV. The marks obtained in the preliminary Examination by the candidate who are declared qualified for admission to the main examination will not be counted for determining their final merit.
(2) The number of candidate to be admitted to the main examination will be fifteen times the total number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Recruiting Authority for any Lower range will be admitted to the main Examination.
(3) On the basis of marks secured in the main examination, candidates to the extent of three times of total number of vacancies (category wise) shall be declared qualified to be called for interview.
Pattern of Jharkhand Judicial Services Question Paper
The competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Civil Judge shall consist of:-
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
2. Main Examination (written papers of 3 hours each)
3. Viva-Voce Test
Preliminary Examination – Syllabus
The syllabus for Preliminary Examination shall consist of:
- General English
- General Knowledge (including Current Affairs)
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Law of Contract, 1872
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
The Preliminary Entrance Test shall be of 100 marks in aggregate. The marks obtained in preliminary examination shall not be counted for the purpose of final selection. There shall be no negative marking. candidates up to 15 times of the total vacancy category-wise shall be called for appearing in the Main Examination. Duration of Preliminary Entrance Test shall be of two hours.
Main Examination – Syllabus
Main Examination shall be of four papers of 100 marks each, comprising of questions on the following subjects. Duration of Main Examination shall be of three hours for each paper.
Criminal Law & Procedure
Indian Penal Code, 1860
Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 and Civil Procedure Code, 1908
Evidence Act, 1872
Limitation Act, 1963
Civil Law & Procedure
Civil Procedure Code, 1908
Transfer of Property Act, 1882
Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
Sales of Goods Act, 1930
Indian Contract Act, 1872
Hindu Law and Mohammedan Law
Rent Control Law
The Special Relief Act, 1963
Paper IV (Language)
Hindi & English (Essay, Precise writing, Translation & Paraphrase)
Personal interview test will carry 100 marks. In the Viva-Voce Test the minimum required qualifying marks would be 25% for the General category candidates and 20% for SC/ST/EBC & BC
Are you interested in getting the best coaching for Jharkhand Judicial Services?
We have the best teachers who are deeply committed to your success
To find out more by clicking below!