DU LLB 2018 Paper Analysis
- The paper was quite difficult this year in comparison with 2017.
- The exam was timed for 2 hours carrying 400 marks.
- The test includes 5 sections: Mathematics, English, Logical reasoning, Legal aptitude and Constitution, GK and Current Affairs.
- The marks distribution was as follows: Mathematics-5 Logical Reasoning-19, English-19, GK and Current affairs-34, Legal aptitude and Constitution- 23.
- The section was containing 5 questions.
- Simple questions based on the X class Mathematics were asked in the exam.
Section II- English
- The section includes the question related to grammars, reading comprehension and vocabulary.
- The section was containing 19 questions from different areas.
Section III- Logical Reasoning
- The section includes Blood relations, odd-man out and reasoning based questions.
- The section was containing reasoning based 19 question.
Section IV- Legal Aptitude and Constitution
- The section includes Constitution, Polity, Legal GK, Legal Aptitude and Principle-Fact-Decision type of questions.
- The section was containing 23 questions from different areas.
Section V- GK and Current Affairs
- The section includes the question from the different area of GK and also includes question from the current issues.
- The section was containing 34 questions from different areas.
- The questions that were asked in this section included –
- UN Bodies – functions and locations
- Overview of the Indian Geography and history
- Science and Environment and Also Physical Geography
- Happenings in India and Abroad.
The GK and Logical Reasoning sections were tougher than last year. GK because it is a hard section to prepare for in any case, and LR because DU went back to basics and included a lot of Critical Reasoning. Having said that, there isn’t any section which we can call out as being ‘easy’. The remaining sections were at least at the level of previous year’s papers.