Everything You Wanted To Know About PU 5 Year LLB
In this article, we have dealt with all the important questions that students usually ask about PU 5 Year LLB – the exam pattern, the questions, the syllabus, the marks, the time for the exam, the type of questions etc. Read on!
PU 5-year LLB Overview
Panjab University conducts PU- LLB, BA/BCom LLB (Hons) 5 Years Integrated Course Entrance Exam to offer admission to aspirants in law programmes offered at The University Institute of Legal Studies. PU UG LAW Entrance Exam scores are used by Panjab University (PU) to offer admission to aspirants in the below mentioned colleges:
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- University Institute of Laws, Panjab University Regional Centre Civil Lines, Ludhiana
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
Eligibility for PU 5 Year LLB
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) from any recognized Board/University.
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after prosecuting Studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the Integrated Five Years Course.
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses.” As per proviso and explanation to Rule 5 (b) of Bar Council of India Rules of Legal Education, 2008.
- The admission to the said course/s shall be on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and 10+2 marks and other admissible weightage.
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission to 1st semester of B.A. / B.Com. LL.B.(Hons.) unless s/he appears in and qualifies the Entrance Test for the relevant year of admission.
- A student who falls short of lectures in the Ist Semester of the said course/s in any previous academic session shall be eligible for admission on qualifying the Entrance Test again provided s/he fulfils all other eligibility conditions.
- The admission to the said course/s shall be on the basis of Final Merit List.
Pattern of PU 5-Year LLB (Under-graduate Programme)
- The Question Paper will be available in English, Hindi and Punjabi (except for the portion “proficiency in English Language”).
|Number of multiple-choice questions of one mark each||100|
|Duration of Examination||One Hour and 30 Minutes (01:30 hours)|
|Subject areas with Weightage|
|English including Comprehension||10 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||60 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||20 Marks|
|Mental Ability||10 Marks|
Note: There shall be a system of Negative Marking wherein 0.25 marks will be deducted for each of the wrong answer.
Subject Areas of PU 5 Year LLB
1. English including comprehension
The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
2. General Knowledge and Currents Affairs
The candidates will be tested on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of current affairs (broadly defined as matters featuring in the mainstream media between March 2015 to April 2016)
4. Legal Aptitude
This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving abilities. Questions will be framed with the help of legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense (e.g. the legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others that are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theater across India for one year). Candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
5. Mental Ability
The purpose of the mental ability section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of mental ability questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
PU 5 Year LLB Exam Calendar