Everything You Wanted To Know About CEE Kerala BA LLB
In this article, we have dealt with all the important questions that students usually ask about CEE Kerala BA LLB – the exam pattern, the questions, the syllabus, the marks, the time for the exam, the type of questions etc. Read on!
CEE Kerala BA LLB Overview
The Commissioner of Entrance Examination will issue the notification for admission to 5 year LLB course in the Government and Private self-financing colleges of Kerala.The admission to the course will be granted on the basis of merit in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
Eligibility for CEE Kerala BA LLB
Nativity: Candidate should be an Indian Citizen. The candidate should produce any one of the following documents along with the application, to prove Indian Citizenship.
- Candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary Exam of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or any other examination recognised by the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto.
- A candidate who has passed an exam in 10+2 Course of schooling recognised by the educational authority of the Central or State Government or possesses such academic qualifications which are considered equivalent to such 10+2 course by the BCI can also apply
- Applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary pass certificate or first degree certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission. The applicants who have obtained 10 +2 or graduation/post graduation through open universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission
- Candidates who are appearing/ appeared for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Exam. Such candidates become eligible for admission only if they produce the Pass Certificate and Mark List of the qualifying exam at the time of admission
- No candidate shall be admitted to the Course, unless he/she has passed the qualifying exam with a minimum of 45% marks. However, candidates belonging to Socially & Educationally Backward Classes need only 42% marks and those belonging to the SC/ST need only 40% marks in the qualifying exam. No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted
Age Limit: The applicant should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December 2017; the upper age limit for admission to the Integrated Five Year LL-B Course-2017 will be subject to the order of the Honble Supreme Court of India
Test Pattern of CEE Kerala BA LLB
- A candidate desirous of joining the Integrated Five Year LL.B Course in any of the Govt. Law Colleges of the State or in Govt. Merit seats in private self-financing law colleges of the State will have to write the Entrance Exam
- Admission to the course will be based on the rank of the candidate in this Entrance Exam; the Entrance Exam will be conducted on the date and time as notified by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams
- Entrance Exam shall be of three hours duration and will consist of 200 Objective type questions in-(a) General English (65 questions); (b) General Knowledge (65 questions) and (c) Aptitude for Legal Studies (70 questions)
- Candidates have to mark their responses in the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Answer sheet given to them. The bubbles in the OMR Answer sheet should be filled up using ball point (blue or black ink) pen only