AILET 2010 Paper Analysis
- The exam was timed for 1 hour 30 minutes carrying 150 marks.
- The test includes 5 sections: Mathematics, English, Logical reasoning, Legal aptitude and Constitution, GK and Current Affairs.
- The marks distribution was as follows: Mathematics-10 Logical Reasoning-37, English-33, GK and Current affairs-30, Legal aptitude and Constitution- 40.
- There was negative marking of one-fourth of a mark for each incorrect attempt.
- This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/standard.
- The section was containing 10 questions.
Section II- English
- The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar.
- The section was containing 33 questions from different areas.
Section III- Logical Reasoning
- The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
- The section was containing reasoning based 37 questions.
Section IV- Legal Aptitude and Constitution
- This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied.
- The section was containing 40 questions from different areas.
Section V- GK and Current Affairs
- The General knowledge will be tested on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
- The section was containing 30 questions from different areas.