CLAT 2021 official notification has been released by the Consortium of National Law University. The national-level law entrance exam is rescheduled to June 13 from May 9. The entrance will be conducted in offline mode from 2 PM to 4 PM. CLAT 2021 registration has begun from Jan 1st and will continue till March 31, 2021.
CLAT 2021, or Common Law Admission Test, is a National Level Entrance Exam conducted for admission into 22 NLU’s in India. Apart from admissions to NLUs, CLAT scores are also considered as the benchmark by many other colleges.
CLAT 2021 Important Dates
|CLAT 2021 Application Form opens||January 1, 2021|
|CLAT 2021 Application Form Last Date||March 31, 2021|
|CLAT 2021 Admit Card Release date||3rd week of April 2021|
|CLAT 2021 Exam Date||June 13, 2021 (2 PM – 4 PM)|
|CLAT 2021 Answer Key Release||To be announced|
|CLAT 2021 Result Announcement||To be announced|
|CLAT 2021 Counselling||To be announced|
CLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
|CLAT UG||No Upper Age Limit||10+2 or Equivalent||Gen/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI – 45% SC/ST – 40%|
How to apply for CLAT 2021?
- Visit the official website of the Consortium of NLU’s by clicking here.
- The application can only be done online through the official website.
- Register using a working email address and phone number, as the OTP for validation will be sent here.
- Once the phone number has been validated, you can login using the phone number and password that you created.
- Fill all the details carefully and cross check once before pressing on submit.
- The name should be the same as it appears in all the documents, as any mismatch would result in disqualification.
- Select your preferences among the 22 national law universities.
- None of the details or preferences can be changed after successful submission.
- Pay the application fees online through the payment portal.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Click on Submit.
- Save a screenshot or print out of the payment receipt to be sure.
CLAT 2021 Admit Card
CLAT 2021 admit card will be available in the third week of April 2021. The exact date will be displayed on the official website. Here is the procedure to download CLAT 2021 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of the Consortium of NLU’s
- Press on the “Click Here” tab
- Login using the registered Mobile Number and Password
- There will be an option to download the Admit Card
- Save the Admit Card/Hall Ticket to your device and on the drive as well
- Take a print out of the Admit Card for use at the center
Strategy for CLAT Preparation
As per the new changes to the CLAT pattern, your reading and comprehension skills will be tested more than your memory skills. Also, your aptitude to learn law will be assessed. This means that your preparation will need to be strategized accordingly.
The paper will cover five topics with some changes as compared to the previous years:
- English Language – basic comprehension and understanding of the language
- Quantitative Techniques – interpretation of problems and using Class 10 mathematics skills to solve them
- Legal Reasoning – reading and understanding a legal situation and arriving at a logical conclusion
- Logical Reasoning – non-legal situations that need a logical approach to solve them
- Current Affairs – more focus on the current affairs as opposed to static GK
Given these changes, you need to focus on some skills:
- Develop good reading speed since most of the questions are going to be comprehension-based. You must be able to read fast while understanding the paragraph quickly
- Solve multiple reasoning problems and develop skills that help you arrive at a logical conclusion. Most questions in the legal and logical reasoning sections will require this skill
- Brush up Class 10 mathematics
- Stay updated with all the latest happenings in various fields – sports, politics, medicine, science, technology, etc.
According to the new pattern, you will have around 48 seconds to answer each question. Also, with a changed pattern, these skills will be more than useful during the test.
When you begin your preparation, take some mock tests to assess your preparedness for the exam. Analyze your performance and identify areas that need improvement. Also, look at your strong points. You will need to create a study plan that helps you improve your overall score by working on them simultaneously. Start preparing according to your plan and take mock tests regularly to assess your progress.
You should also consider joining an online coaching institute for guidance. Since the test pattern has been changed, you will need some expert guidance to help prepare for the CLAT. Delhi Law Academy, an online coaching institute that I help run, offers an Online CLAT Course to help students prepare for the test. With over 800 pages of comprehensive notes, 350 hours of video lectures, mock tests based on the CLAT pattern, live doubt-solving sessions, practice questions, etc., Delhi Law Academy ensures that you are well-prepared for the new CLAT pattern and can secure a seat with your desired institute.
What is CLAT 2021 Exam Pattern?
|English (with Comprehension)||40|
Each Question will carry 1 mark for the right answer. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer. There will be a total of 200 Objective (MCQ) type questions in the test CLAT. Exam Duration will be 2 hours UG – CLAT focuses on the ability to study law as opposed to prior knowledge. CLAT Exam Pattern was changed for the year 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
UG CLAT 2021 Syllabus
|English||450 words each||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary etc.|
|Current Affairs||450 words each||Contemporary Events of National and International Significance, Art and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance|
|Legal Reasoning||450 words each||Rules and Passages of Law, Application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||300 Words each||Argument – Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|
|Quantitative Techniques||–||Basic Algebra, Mensuration, Statistical Estimation, Graphs, Numerical Information, Ratio and Proportion etc.|
Each section of the UG CLAT Paper will have you evaluating a passage of varying word counts and answering objective-type questions based on the passage.
Remember, the key to success in any competitive exam lies in outperforming your peers. Since there is no way to determine other students will fare, your best approach is to target the highest possible marks. Prepare in a manner that you can solve questions quickly and correctly. And, to achieve this Online Mocks play a major role as they are timed tests with the exact pattern of the exam.
If you would like to check DLA’s Online Study Packages for CLAT, click here.