Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
We offer weekday and weekend batches. In addition, we offer a Crash Course batch that begins in early April after the XII CBSE Board exams end. All our course content, including video lectures, notes and study material, will also be made available online.
We include exclusive hand-on preparation for the online CLAT format as part of our standard classroom and online courses.
CLAT 2015 will be conducted by by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National University, Lucknow.
To be eligible to appear in CLAT-2015, you should have obtained a Higher Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates) and should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July 2015 (22 years in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates).
If you are appearing in March/April, 2015 or have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results, you are also eligible to appear in the test. However, you are required to have passed the qualifying examination at the time of your admission and must be able to submit proofs in support of your claims.
|Activity Description||Date and Day|
|Date of Issue of First Admission Notification||25th December, 2014 (Thursday)|
|Starting date for submission of online application form||1st January, 2015
|Last date for submission of filled-in online application form||31st March, 2015 (Tuesday) by 11.59 P.M.|
|Date of CLAT – 2015 Online examination||10th May, 2015 (Sunday)|
|Declaration of results i.e. issue of Merit List (Category-wise) along with the notice to the candidates for indicating their choices of University preferences using online candidate portal||20th May, 2015
|Dates for payment of counselling fee||4th-10th June, 2015
|Dates for locking of allotted seats or exercising option for up-gradation or for withdrawing from the Admission Process against second allotment list||16th-19th June, 2015 (Tuesday-Friday)|
|Dates for admission against allotment list to be completed by the participating NLU(s)||24th-27th June, 2015 (Wednesday-Saturday)|
|Date of closure of admission process by CLAT-2015 office||6th July, 2015 (Monday)|
|Number of multiple-choice questions of 1 mark each||200|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Note: CLAT has Negative Marking – 0.25 marks deducted for each wrong answer|
|Subject Areas with Weightage|
|English including Composition||40 marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
|Long Essay Type Descriptive Questions (covering subject areas such as Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence)||100 marks (4 questions of 25 marks each)|
|Multiple-Choice Questions (Covering all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the Bar Council of India for the Under-Graduate Course except Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence)||50 marks (50 questions of 1 mark each)|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Note: CLAT has Negative Marking – 0.25 marks deducted for each wrong answer in the multiple choice section|
English including comprehension
The English section will test your proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, you will be questioned on your understanding of a given passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
In this section, you will be tested on your general awareness including static general knowledge. Expect questions on current affairs in this section.
This section will test your knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e. maths taught up to Class X.
In this section, your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability will be tested. Questions will be framed with the help of legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense (for e.g. the legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others that are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theatre across India for one year). You will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer questions accordingly.
This section will test your ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
Application Form and Information Brochure
The CLAT Application Form and Information Brochure is expected to be released on the website (www.clat.ac.in) in January 2015. We will update this space with information once the brochure is released. The brochure should also be available from the websites of participating National Law Universities. CLAT does not usually provide hard copies of the application form and brochure.
Mode of payment through CLAT Website
There are 3 occasions where you may have to pay on the CLAT website:
- When submitting the Online Application Form
- If interested in downloading the Previous Year’s Question papers
- When participating in the counseling session
The mode of payment through the website is both online and offline. Online payment can be made through net-banking, debit and credit cards. Additional fees for the payment gateway may apply depending on the medium used.
For paying the fees offline through website, you will have to download the ‘Bank Challan’ that will be generated with the required information as filled in by you, and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the SBI. After making the payment at the bank, you need to fill-in the details of the Bank Challan as required at the relevant section of the website.
|General/OBC/PD/Other Category||Rs 4000|
|SC/ST Categories||Rs 3500|
|Note: Excludes bank charges or additional transaction costs for remitting the fees offline/online through payment gateways|
Mode of Application
- Applications can be only made ONLINE at www.clat.ac.in
- Applications for CLAT 2015 have not opened as yet. When they do, we will notify you and update this section with a detailed walkthrough on the application process
- All required certificates and documents need to be uploaded in soft copy format during the online application
- No hard copies of any documents or of the form need to be sent to the CLAT Office
- You can access your Hall-Ticket/Admit Card in your account on the CLAT website. You need to take the printout of the Hall-Ticket / Admit Card to the Examination Hall
Documents To Be Uploaded during Online Application
The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT- 2015 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant attested photocopies of the certificates/documents (photograph and signatures of the candidate and parent/guardian need not be attested) in support of one’s claim for admission are to be uploaded while filling the Online Application Form.
- The scanned attested photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in PDF format (or as specified) by all the candidates are:
- Birth Certificate
- Standard X Marksheet
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized Board (for UG Courses).
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as LL.B. or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized University (for PG Courses).
- Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format]
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format]
- Signature of parent/guardian [JPG Format]
- The scanned attested photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in PDF format by a candidate depending on applicability are:
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability, P.W.D.)
- Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant.
- Certificates in support of One’s Claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidate.
- Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses. In addition to the above, the candidates may be required to submit such other certificates/documents as may be specified by various Universities in their respective websites and also in the Instructions for Admission to UG/PG Programmes issued along with the List of Allotted Candidates from time to time. Further, the candidates will also be required to submit Photocopies of the relevant certificates/documents as may be specified/ required by the concerned universities.
- Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT
- Higher age
- Computerized draw of lots
- Higher marks in the Long Essay Type Descriptive Questions in CLAT
- Higher age
- Computerized draw of lots
CLAT 2015 will be conducted on 10 May 2015
Registration open until 31 Mar 2015. Register now at www.clat.ac.in
Are you interested in getting the best coaching for CLAT 2015?
We have the best teachers who are deeply committed to your success
To find out more, register by clicking below!