Odisha Judicial Service Civil Judge – Law of Tort and Crime – 2012
Odisha Judicial Service Civil Judge – Law of Tort and Crime – 2012 Question Paper
Total marks – 150 Duration – 3 hours
1. Discuss the scope of “joint liability” for a Criminal Act based on the existence of common intention.
2. What are the different punishments enumerated under the Indian Penal Code to which offenders are liable ?
3. Referring to Indian Penal Code discuss the views of the Supreme Court on the offence of attempt to commit suicide.
4. Critically examine the concept of insanity and intoxication as defences available under the Indian Penal Code.
5. “Vicarious liability is unknown to Criminal Law”. Critically evaluate the statement in the light of the provisions of the Indian Penal Code recognising such liability.
6. Distinguish between the following :
a. Abetment and Criminal Conspiracy
b. Sec. 34 and Sec. 149 of IPC
c. Rape and Adultery
d. Kidnapping and Abduction
e. Motive and Intention
SECTION – B
7. “A tort is a civil injury, but all civil injuries are not torts.” Discuss the statement referring to essential ingredients of tort.
8. Discuss, in detail, different legal remedies provided in the law of tort.
9. What do you mean by absolute liability in tort? Explain the concept of absolute liability with the help of decided cases.
10. The law of negligence concerns itself with carelessness only when there is a legal duty to take care. Discuss.
11. Explain the concept of the tort of defamation. Discuss the defences available against it.
12. Write notes on the following:
a. Donoghue Vrs Stevens
b. Wagon Mound Case
c. Bhopal Gas Leak Disaster Case
d. Ubi jus ibi remedium
e. Damnum sine injuria