Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2011 Paper-I
Maharashtra Judicial Service Civil Judge 2011 Paper-I Question Paper
Total marks – 200 Duration – 3 hours
1. Explain procedure regarding trial of a warrant case on police report and otherwise than on police report by magistrates.
2. Explain provisions regarding disposal of property in a criminal case right from investigation into a crime till conclusion trial.
3. Write notes on any two :
(a) Forfeiture of maintenance right by a wife.
(b) Police custody and magisterial custody.
(c) First information report and complaint.
(d) Bailable and Non-bailable offences under the Indian Penal Code and other laws.
4. Explain Theft, Extortion and Robbery. When is Theft a Robbery? When is Extortion a Robbery?
5. Write notes on any two :
(b) Wrongful restraint and Wrongful confinement.
(c) Hurt and Grievous hurt.
(d) Criminal trespass and House trespass.
6. Write notes on any two :
(a) Proved, Disproved and Not Proved.
(b) Opinion of experts.
(c) Direct oral evidence.
(d) Fact-in-issue and relevant fact.
7. Explain “contradiction” and “corroboration” and their use in evidence.
8. Explain order of examinations of witnesses and whether a witness not examined in-chief is allowed to be cross-examined by an adverse party.
9. Write an essay on any one :
(b) Right to Information.
(c) Human Rights.
10. Write judgement on following alleged facts :
Accused No. 1 to 3 are husband, father-in-law and mother-in-law respectively of Archana. Two years after her marriage, they all started taunting her alleging that she was of evil luck as one year after her marriage, her husband’s unmarried younger brother died of heart-attack; her husband lost his job and she was incapable to conceive a child. This led her to frustration and mental agony. She, therefore, thought to end her life. She narrated all incidents to her parents. On her report police registered crime and recorded statements of her parents and neighbour of the accused. Police presented chargesheet against all the accused.
At the trial, Archana and her parents were examined. They deposed the incidents as they were. However a neighbour of the accused turned hostile. Defence of all the accused is of total denial.