Arunachal Pradesh Judicial Service Grade – III 2017 – English
Arunachal Pradesh Grade – III 2017- English Question Paper
Total marks – 100 Duration – 3 hours
1. Write essays on any two of the following tonics:- (15×2=30 Marks)
(i) Protection of women from domestic violence
(ii) Corruption: An impediment to our development
(iii) Cyber law and crime
2. Write the meanings of the following in a single word:- (1×10=10 Marks)
(i) To be in good book of
(ii) At one’s fingertips
(iii) Strike off
(iv) To wash dirty linen in public
(v) Black sheep
(vi) Lion’s share
(vii) Fair play
(viii) To die in harness
(ix) Look down upon
(x) In spite of
3. Distinguish between the following words:- (2×10=20 Marks)
(i) Eminent and Imminent
(ii) Decent, Descent and Dissent
(iii) Confidant and Confident
(iv) Knotty and Naughty
(v) Miner and Minor
(vi) Veil, vale and Wail
(vii) Vain, vane and Wane
(viii) Stationary and Stationery
(ix) Affection and Affectation
(x) Memory and Memoir
4. Write antonyms of the following words:-
5. Write svnonvms of the following words:-
6. Convert the following direct sentences into indirect sentences:- 6×3=18
(i) He said, “1 do not wish to see any of you; go away.”
(ii) My teacher often says to me, “If you don’t work hard, you will fail.”
(iii) He said, “Let us wait for the award.”
(iv) “Saint George strike for us!” exclaimed the Knight, “do the false yeomen give way?”
(v) “Curse it!” exclaimed the driver. “Who could have foreseen such ill-luck? But for accident we should have caught the train easily.”
(vi) He said, “We are all sinners.”
7. Fill in the blanks with appropriate prepositions:- 6×2= 12
(i) I am obliged ____ you _____ your kindness.
(ii) I insisted ______ going.
(iii) Temperance and employment are conducive ________ health.
(iv) He was angry ______ me, because he thought my remark was aimed ____ him.
(v) Superstitious fears preyed _______ his mind and made him miserable.
(vi) He died without imparting _____ anyone the secret of his process.