AILET LLM 2018 Question Paper
Looking for CLAT LLM Online/Postal Coaching?
You have come to the right place! We offer comprehensive online and postal study material for LLM Entrance exams.Click Here to Know More
AILET LLM 2018 Question Paper
AILET LL.M. ADMISSION TEST – 2018
6th May, 2018 : 90 Minutes
1. For Austin, ‘general jurisprudence’ means the science concerned with the exposition of the principles, notions and distinctions which are
(a) relative to the different systems of law
(b) comparative to the different systems of law
(c) common to the different systems of law
(d) linked to different systems of law
2. The Sociological School of Jurisprudence is chiefly concerned with the relationship of law to
(a) contemporary social ideas
(b) contemporary legal positions
(c) contemporary political institutions
(d) contemporary social institutions
3. The life of law has not been logic, it has been experience. The felt necessity of the time, prevalent moral and political theories, institutions of public policy have had a good deal more to do than syllogism in determining the rules by which men should be governed. This was the message of
(a) Law of Vedanta
(b) Holmesian law
(c) Justinian Code
(d) Greek Law
4. Which one of the following defines right as ‘an interest recognized and protected by law’ ?
5. Bentham was the real originator of law as ‘Sovereign’s Command’ as revealed in his work
(a) The Principles of Legislation
(b) Fragment on Government
(c) Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation
(d) Rationale of Judicial Evidence
6. Consider the following statements :
I. The outstanding fact of the society is the interdependence of men.
II. The doctrine of sovereignty has become meaningless.
III. Laws should be treated from the angle of purpose.
IV. The only right which any man can possess is the right always to do his duty.
Which of the statements given above can be subscribed to Duguit ?
(a) II and III
(b) I and IV
(c) I, II and III
(d) I, II and IV
7. Fuller’s ‘purposive’ picture of law takes into account
(a) the ‘internal’ and ‘external’ moralities of law
(b) morality and justice
(c) reason and justice
(d) ethics and justice
8. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched in relation to defects in the primary rules as enunciated by Hart and remedies thereof ?
(a) Uncertainty rules of recognition
(b) Static quality rules of change
(c) Inefficiency rules of adjudication
(d) Duty imposing power conferring
9. Salmond enumerated
(a) Three kinds of subordinate legislation
(b) Four kinds of subordinate legislation
(c) Five kinds of subordinate legislation
(d) Six kinds of subordinate legislation
10. There are certain inconsistencies in the Savigny’s perception of law
1. His insistence on custom as the expression of popular consciousness is not historically and sociologically correct.
2. His concept of law is negative, obscurant and narrow sectarian in outlook and content.
3. Savigny’s Volksgeist is reappearing as a cancerous divisive force in body politic of several countries.
4. Give and take and imitation has no place in the program in a modern industrial and welfare state which is in abundance in his concept of law.
Which of the above mentioned statement(s) is /are correct ?
(a) 1, 2 and 4
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
d) 1, 2 and 3
Looking for CLAT LLM Online Coaching?
You have come to the right place! We offer comprehensive online and postal study material for the LLM entrance exams.Click Here to Know More